Home

And yet another slider thread. All penalty sliders tweaked

This is a discussion on And yet another slider thread. All penalty sliders tweaked within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #49
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: And yet another slider thread. All penalty sliders tweaked

What is your game clock and accel set at?
Old 12-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #50
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
What is your game clock and accel set at?
I've been playing 15 min qtrs with accel clock at 13. Ultimately, I'm trying to play a full game in as short a time as possible. This simulates breaking the huddle at about the right time. I still have enough time to audible and send a man in motion if I want. I've only seen the CPU get 2 delay of games in probably 60 games, so 13 works well, I think. Overall, this is a personal choice, too though, I think. This setup usually takes about an hour and a half to play. That's too much for some people. I really like to feel like I'm playing a whole real game, though, so I don't mind. It gets tackle numbers up and makes every drive feel important. If that's too long, you can definitely do whatever time u like, but less time would equal less full stats. Let me know how the season goes and if you're tweaking these sliders or what u think. I'm really liking these right now, and am currently looking into the pass coverage slider to see if that can be tweaked some. I think I'm going to keep it at 0 for human, however because as I tested this, it threw off the CPU QB timing window. Believe me, with QB ACC at 28, CPU pass block at 28, and IG at 64, something has gelled perfectly IMO, and the QB gets rid of the ball correctly about 95% of the time. U also get sacks when appropriate, so it doesn't feel like BS, for the first time for me and any set of sliders, I feel like I'm watching an actual QB playing QB. If u need the the CPU QB to throw better, u may be able to up QB ACC to 32, but I'm not sure whether that may 'break' the nice timing window I've created.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #51
MVP

forme95's Arena

Just finished my first preseason game with ur op set. Absolutely PERFECT man!!! Play now and ccm totally night and day. I was making dumb adjustments that I didn't need to. Still kicking myself lol.
Im playing 15min qtrs w/14 accel. The time doesnt bother me. I wouldnt care if it really took 3 hours to play a game. I enjoy football to much to rush through it. If you know what I mean.

Here is some stats from the game.
Rams 38 @ Browns (me) 30.
Total yards 464/413
Rush 122/76
Pass 342/337
3rd dwn% 40/41
Penalties 10-56/6-40
1 interception for Rams and I fumbled twice.
Sacks 3/1

Sorry, doing this off my phone, or id give you more better stats.

Can't believe I wasted 2 weeks adjusting...... Lol

Last edited by forme95; 12-02-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #52
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Just finished my first preseason game with ur op set. Absolutely PERFECT man!!! Play now and ccm totally night and day. I was making dumb adjustments that I didn't need to. Still kicking myself lol.
Im playing 15min qtrs w/14 accel. The time doesnt bother me. I wouldnt care if it really took 3 hours to play a game. I enjoy football to much to rush through it. If you know what I mean.

Here is some stats from the game.
Rams 38 @ Browns (me) 30.
Total yards 464/413
Rush 122/76
Pass 342/337
3rd dwn% 40/41
Penalties 10-56/6-40
1 interception for Rams and I fumbled twice.
Sacks 3/1

Sorry, doing this off my phone, or id give you more better stats.

Can't believe I wasted 2 weeks adjusting...... Lol
Yeah, right on, man. Stats look pretty realistic. I don't know what the deal is with play now vs. cfm. I think I've tested a few things in play now just to totally isolate something, but for the most part, I tweak a few things each game until I see what I like. I was looking at some things yesterday, and I really think that almost everything is tweaked out, particularly the penalty sliders. I've seen things get out of hand with RTK at 67, so 66 is perfect imo. I started upping PcatchInterference and found the perfect spot at 64. At 65, I see some confusion from the punt returner, which is comical and could be considered realistic, but I think I like this at 64. The comical thing I saw was this: The punt bounced off of the cpu punt returner's helmet, hit the ground. He dove on it as it was taking FOREVER for my kicking team to get to him. Anyways, he's lying on the ground for a few seconds, but never gets touched, so he gets up and starts running. Finally, my D gets to him, but he spins and jukes around 3 defenders and scores a TD!!! Most ridiculous thing I've seen to date. I should have videoed it, it was priceless. So, If you're interested in possibly seeing a whacky outcome like that, you can raise puntCatchInterference to 65. I didn't see the 'floaty ball' problem at 65, so that's not an issue. But, really, my other penalties, Facemask is perfect at 56 (you see some, but the animation doesn't dominate tackling), and off/def pi are really solid imo at 59/59, but like I said, this is a spot that can be tweaked some, but I wouldn't go higher than 62 for either as this is the spot you see extra aggression, and strangely, this actually translates to more wicked blocking by the offense! Yes, it seems that as you raise off pi, you raise impact blocking or something, because as I've raised this before, I started seeing hellacious blocks all over the place. So, I really like the penalties. Skill sliders can always be tweaked to personal specs, but once again, I really like the cpu qb intelligence, sack taking, sack avoidance, throwing the ball away, sometimes throwing the ball 'away' towards a covered WR instead of throwing an INT or taking a sack. So, like I said, I'm really happy with this set and don't plan on changing much unless it just starts getting too easy. Sometimes sliders do that, after awhile, your brain just adjusts to the different timing, and suddenly you're running wild. I hope not with this set. I am interested to see how your Browns shape up as I have always played with my Falcons, and even though they are getting beat up in real life (through injuries mostly, and a crap oline), they have always had studs on their team and I've been drafting and grabbing free agents, so I always have a good team. I'm really curious to see if the sliders play 'true' to the fact of struggling a little, then building through the draft, maybe picking up a quality QB soon and turning your team around. God knows the city of Cleveland could use a Championship! lol
Old 12-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #53
MVP

forme95's Arena

That was the exact problem I was having and hating that Weeden was so perfect. I actually wanted to stuggle. Your sliders do that. Weeden was 34% acc. Looking forward to draft and see what happens. I'll keep you up to date. I think ur sliders are topped. I wouldn't change a thing. Awesome gameplay with it brother. Thanks a million for your time with it.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #54
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OhMrHanky, thank you as well for hard work. I am going to implement your settings into the 4th game of my Dolphins ccm against the Saints. I play on coach mode and no matter what setting, much of the game still favors the human side. Your settings are almost equal based but offset in some areas, so I am curious to the outcomes. What do you have your auto sub settings on? I will keep you posted...thank you once again.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #55
MVP

forme95's Arena

Teleo, I play coach mode style too. Use his op set. You won't be disappointed. I spent a lot of unnecessary adjusting and found his set to be great. No adjustments. He has hit the thresholds in my opinion of the perfect coach mode balance. Great gameplay and animation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #56
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
OhMrHanky, thank you as well for hard work. I am going to implement your settings into the 4th game of my Dolphins ccm against the Saints. I play on coach mode and no matter what setting, much of the game still favors the human side. Your settings are almost equal based but offset in some areas, so I am curious to the outcomes. What do you have your auto sub settings on? I will keep you posted...thank you once again.
I've been asked this a few times, and sorry to say, I haven't found any that work. And, if u scour this website, you'll find a lot of threads discussing how these don't work in this game. Lol. So, I haven't bothered. For RBs, I personally sub out when appropriate (after a long run, after a few tough runs, etc.) I use the right stick to subOut. Oh yeah, I play conventional. If u guys are rocking the gameflow, u may not be able to sub as easily as conventional. I just thought of that. But really, auto subs look tough to figure out. I've seen threads that have been going on forever trying to figure it out. I will say that I like fatigue at 52. Anything higher, and the d just seems to be gassed to a ridiculous extent in the 2nd half and u can normally run all over the CPU in the 2nd half, so I do prefer fatigue at 52. I wouldn't mind finding the secret to them, particularly for my WRs as I've seen them disappear with certain settings and rarely have I seen them subbed in the game when they might be a little tired, so something to think about, but I don't have any actual settings for this yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »