Home

And yet another slider thread. All penalty sliders tweaked

This is a discussion on And yet another slider thread. All penalty sliders tweaked within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #89
Rookie

RG3MVP's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: And yet another slider thread. All penalty sliders tweaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Teleo, Hanky did a really awesome job with these sliders!!!! I put up my few adjustments for us coach players. I hope they help with yours and Wech's ccm.

I think I know what the wacky game was about. Im going to test a theory tonight. I will keep you posted.
After my 2nd game, I saved it and went back to the Main Menu and my profile setting was on 5 min qtrs (like it reset). After I play a game tonight. I am going to back out to the main menu and see if that happened again. Reload it and then go back into my ccm........ results to come
I had this issue, I was beating the Broncos 49-24 w/ 9mins to go in the 3rd. I was like, this is not the same game, sliders, etc. I quit b/c the Broncos usually beat me 49-24 lol.
I backed out of CCM and my game options had my mins reset to 5. I never play 5 min qtrs !! That's default settings I guess.
I adjusted the qtr length, reloaded my sliders and saved.
Now before I play any CCM games, I make sure its setup right in the main hub.
Btw, I ended up losing the game 26-16 After doing this, so it definitely had my sliders after that.
Wow! Now I know why I get slideritis EA!

I'm sure a bunch of guys have seen some wacky games if they didn't check the main menu 1st, not just your sliders but the game options mins should show 15mins, not default 5 mins.
It was like playing default all over again when I saw the 5mins in the main hub.

EA smh
Old 12-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #90
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeter189
I am a coach mode player and will try these out this weekend. Is it safe to assume that Auto Subs are default?
I have mine at default, except a few positions. I'll post my subs tonight first thing.
This has been a crazy topic. Auto subs make my head spin. But I will post them tonight.
I'd stick with fatigue between 52-54.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #91
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG3MVP
I had this issue, I was beating the Broncos 49-24 w/ 9mins to go in the 3rd. I was like, this is not the same game, sliders, etc. I quit b/c the Broncos usually beat me 49-24 lol.
I backed out of CCM and my game options had my mins reset to 5. I never play 5 min qtrs !! That's default settings I guess.
I adjusted the qtr length, reloaded my sliders and saved.
Now before I play any CCM games, I make sure its setup right in the main hub.
Btw, I ended up losing the game 26-16 After doing this, so it definitely had my sliders after that.
Wow! Now I know why I get slideritis EA!

I'm sure a bunch of guys have seen some wacky games if they didn't check the main menu 1st, not just your sliders but the game options mins should show 15mins, not default 5 mins.
It was like playing default all over again when I saw the 5mins in the main hub.

EA smh
Ya RG, idk what happened. Played 1 game, all was fine. Advanced the week, saved (might be y) and went thru my stuff. Played game 2, and that (refer to Lions game stats) happened. Finished game. Advanced week, saved. Went to main menu, game settings, game options. Sure enough, was at default 5 min.

Now, I'm wondering if saving after each week (afraid of game freezing and losing all the work) is the culprit. I may try playing game 3 and 4 without saving and see how the 2nd game played, plays out.

Sincere apologies if I have confused the hell out of everyone..... welcome to my world lmao
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #92
Rookie

wech's Arena

Quote:
I have mine at default, except a few positions. I'll post my subs tonight first thing.
This has been a crazy topic. Auto subs make my head spin. But I will post them tonight.
I'd stick with fatigue between 52-54.
For anyone trying like heck to work with the auto subs a word of advice...stop trying lol. They really are broken. You can get some very minimal subbing if you set them to 77 out/80 in for the RB and fatigue at 57-59 using the stock Madden rosters. Believe me though, it will be minimal and you do risk, with fatigue at 57-59, disappearing players. Thats why you guys should use Rondo's roster. Really. He's adjusted the stamina levels for all RB's (and adjusted qb accuracy some too). If you usr Rondo's roster, you can leave fatigue at 50 and auto subs at default too. Or put them at 70 out/80 in for RB. This really works. Its solved ALL my auto sub problems. Just a suggestion. I am 100% glad I use them. I no longer have auto sub issues.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #93
MVP

forme95's Arena

I agree about the auto sub. With that said, lmao, here's mine.

I'm using the madden current update week roster.
Fatigue 54
Out/in
Qb 50/70
Rb 70/80
Wr 60/80
Fb 60/80
Ol 60/80

Dt 70/80
De 70/80
Lb 65/80
Cb 65/80
S 65/80

Now what i personally see with this:
W. Mcgahee (he is 31 yrs of age lol) is my rb. If he runs 3-5x in a row, my back up comes in for 1 or 2 plays. At all times not just 4th qtr.
Now my other rbs same but not as consistent.
My dline, with come in and out throughout the game, especially on long drives.
Never see players disappear. I do occasionally see lb subs, but very minimal. I actually once saw my Wr come out for a play or two.

But that's how mine are set. Just to add, I set them in ccm. I don't do the reset thing.
I also won't go over 80 sub in. Just my preference.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #94
MVP

forme95's Arena

Decided I would test the pcvg @ 37, and see if it improves zone play.
Also, going to try to lower holding and clipping by 2, to see if it A) counteracts the improved run with upping pass cvrg and B) maybe create a few more penalties for my man Wech and me.

OhMrHanky, on a side note. I have Dpi @ 59 and Opi at 61.
Also, coach mode, ball hawk is off, but I'm sure that those can be players choice. It will only really affect gameplay if they use them, is my guess.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #95
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Decided I would test the pcvg @ 37, and see if it improves zone play.
Also, going to try to lower holding and clipping by 2, to see if it A) counteracts the improved run with upping pass cvrg and B) maybe create a few more penalties for my man Wech and me.

OhMrHanky, on a side note. I have Dpi @ 59 and Opi at 61.
Also, coach mode, ball hawk is off, but I'm sure that those can be players choice. It will only really affect gameplay if they use them, is my guess.
Right on. You've got opi higher than dpi? I did think u had it the other way around. I'm going to try that, too. I just played a game with opi/dpi at 58/59, and liked the feel of it (although, I won in a bit of a blowout due to a couple key fumbles that my wicked LB caused), but I'm interested to try opi higher again. As I've said, I tested so many different configurations of pass interference, it's extremely hard to remember what did what, so that'll be interesting to test again. And, yeah, I'm running the ball too easy again, so hoping a couple tweaks will help. I may up their coverage to 38, although I'm sort of afraid to after 14 picks in 2 games at 38. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #96
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Right on. You've got opi higher than dpi? I did think u had it the other way around. I'm going to try that, too. I just played a game with opi/dpi at 58/59, and liked the feel of it (although, I won in a bit of a blowout due to a couple key fumbles that my wicked LB caused), but I'm interested to try opi higher again. As I've said, I tested so many different configurations of pass interference, it's extremely hard to remember what did what, so that'll be interesting to test again. And, yeah, I'm running the ball too easy again, so hoping a couple tweaks will help. I may up their coverage to 38, although I'm sort of afraid to after 14 picks in 2 games at 38. Lol.
Ya, I have opi higher. Funny thing it helps the cpu more then hum.... Well, in coach case anyways lol. Didn't like pcvg @ 37. Rb for both teams jumped to 7+ ypc. So, gonna try @ 10 maybe, just to see. I may leave it at 0.
Good news for Wech, lowering holding 2 and clipping 2, I saw 5 more penalties. Declined 2 bc it made it 4th down, but for sure more.
Another bright spot..... maybe just luck, but actually had a kick return for 95 yard td. Thought it might of been from the clipping being lowered but, lowering it makes less downfield blocks. Was sweet to see. Only have had it happen twice in 25.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »