Home

The Real Madden 2006??

This is a discussion on The Real Madden 2006?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2005, 06:23 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: The Real Madden 2006??

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
The Madden faithful keep saying wait till next gen.. Well Next gen is almost here.. Truthfully I think Madden on the Xbox 2 will look like 2k5 with 720p res. I doubt a Madden launch for the box2 with be that big of an upgrade.. & EA knows they have a huge fan base
I tend to agree with your statement. If EA unveils the nexgen Madden anytime at all before this current version we are seeing why would anyone buy it to play it for 3 months and then scrap it. If a version does come out for Xbox 2 I doubt it will be much different than what we are seeing now. I think we will see the overhauled Madden at the PS3 launch.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:34 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ24
If a version does come out for Xbox 2 I doubt it will be much different than what we are seeing now.
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

TELL ME YOU ARE KIDDING!....You sound like an idiot...

Why would any company have the same graphics on a brand new console?
Old 04-14-2005, 07:40 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

No it won't look like PS2 and Xbox. They understand that there will not be what, 8 mil potential PS2 buyers and 2 mil potential Xbox buyers purchasing Xbox 2 at launch; which will be 3.5 to 4 months way from madden release. PS2 and Xbox will have the import from NCAA, Xbox 2 most likely will not. The selling point of xbox 2 madden WILL BE the graphics. Last I heard they were done capture animations for Xbox and PS2 and they were still in the process of capturing animations for Xbox 2 Madden. And they know that most people are not going to wait until late November early December for football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2005, 09:46 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

TELL ME YOU ARE KIDDING!....You sound like an idiot...

Why would any company have the same graphics on a brand new console?
And you sound like an idiot for totally missing the point, and a bigger idiot for purchasing Madden 06 for Xbox, then dropping 300 for a better system and 50 more for a better Madden 3 months later. Like I said before, if Madden 06 for XBox 2 is a for sure launch title and vastly different who would give a D*** about vision passing or any other feature on a played out 2001 engine.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:42 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 1

Someone here asked how old I was, I don't know who, probably some 15 year old... But if you really want to know, i'm 31 years old... Someone also said that they where 30 years old and that they did not have enough time to be a fanboy.. I'm in the same boat, thats why most of you never see me post around here much.. I usually post at night since I work all day.. But that's not the point here anyway.. I'm not trying to stir the pot and create arguments around here, I'm only simple trying to voice my opinion.. I give props and applaud those who agreed with me to whatever extant and spoke out about their opinions! Those who agreed and spoke out are being real to themselves and to others.. plain and simple.. They just want to be heard just like me.. I'm just tired of the same old game.. As powerful as EA is and buying out the License to the NFL, you would think that they would do the Nfl and us justice and put out a game worthy of football gaming... I wanted EA to take it to the next level and for Madden series to succeed.. Why not? Since Ea is taking control by buying out the Licensing and basically saying we want to dominate Football gaming completely and be the best... Well be the best!! Fine, just put out something worthy of being the best! Don't put out the same crap you have been putting out for the past 5 years... Some of you say im a Espn Fanboy.. No, I just love the game because it's the best thing out there! Take 2 has been putting out a better footabll game of the same 2k series each year, which is truly amazing.. They listen to their fans and make the game better according to what thier fans want. Why hasn't almighty EA done this?? As powerful as they are they shuld have been donig this for awhile now! If someone or any company out there made something even better then Madden or Espn, I would be playing that game and voicing my opinion of how good it is.. I'm a Fan of Footbal gaming, plain and simple.. I just want to play the best looking and most realistic footabll game out there.. period.. In order for EA to make changes, people need to voice thier opinions, or things will never change..

Last edited by elmore; 04-15-2005 at 02:13 AM.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:26 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmore
Someone here asked how old I was, I don't know who, probably some 15 year old... But if you really want to know, i'm 31 years old... Someone also said that they where 30 years old and that they did not have enough time to be a fanboy.. I'm in the same boat, thats why most of you never see me post around here much.. I usually post at night since I work all day.. But that's not the point here anyway.. I'm not trying to stir the pot and create arguments around here, I'm only simple trying to voice my opinion.. I give props and applaud those who agreed with me to whatever extant and spoke out about their opinions! Those who agreed and spoke out are being real to themselves and to others.. plain and simple.. They just want to be heard just like me.. I'm just tired of the same old game.. As powerful as EA is and buying out the License to the NFL, you would think that they would do the Nfl and us justice and put out a game worthy of football gaming... I wanted EA to take it to the next level and for Madden series to succeed.. Why not? Since Ea is taking control by buying out the Licensing and basically saying we want to dominate Football gaming completely and be the best... Well be the best!! Fine, just put out something worthy of being the best! Don't put out the same crap you have been putting out for the past 5 years... Some of you say im a Espn Fanboy.. No, I just love the game because it's the best thing out there! Take 2 has been putting out a better footabll game of the same 2k series each year, which is truly amazing.. They listen to their fans and make the game better according to what thier fans want. Why hasn't almighty EA done this?? As powerful as they are they shuld have been donig this for awhile now! If someone or any company out there made something even better then Madden or Espn, I would be playing that game and voicing my opinion of how good it is.. I'm a Fan of Footbal gaming, plain and simple.. I just want to play the best looking and most realistic footabll game out there.. period.. In order for EA to make changes, people need to voice thier opinions, or things will never change..
EA took the money that should go into the development of the game and usde it to kill their rivals. I always thought EA could make a killer game but they dont because they dont have to. Vision passing sound good but let see when the cheese players blitz every play take control of Dawkins and oick up or break up every other pass.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:56 AM   #79
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

I think it was pretty predictable that Maddens' graphics would not change much for this year. This is the tried and true model that EA uses for their sports games. They slap a fresh coat paint on a good game. They do add some features that can make the game worth buying. But just knowing that underneath the flash lies pretty much the same game discourages me. I give their Nascar game as an example. Back in the day when Nascar Revolution came out, it really pushed the envelope for what a Nascar game could be. It had the graphics and the sounds that made the game stand out. But one little drawback to the game that haunted me was that there was no full race replay system in the game. They only had a few seconds of a "replay reel" after the race. It was a minor gripe that I could live with though. Well... fast forward to 2005 and the latest Nascar game from EA STILL has that replay reel after the races. Seeing this, I HAVE to wonder, is this is game actually Nascar Revolution 2005? Just another "good" game from EA with a fresh coat of paint.

Madden has been a very, very good game. But it has never been a great game, imo, because of the way EA approaches its sports games. Some of us here have been gaming for a long time. I've been at it since the late 70's. I am not going to be fooled. Now that EA has the American Football licenses, it's going to be harder to fool most anyone now. There is just no more room for excuses. Period.
Bubba4
Old 04-15-2005, 10:15 AM   #80
Banned

OVR: 1

I've said all along that the real test for EA will be the 2007 games when they will likely be forced to overhaul the game and build it from scratch for the XBox 360 and PS3.

I agree ny efforts to make mass changes for the almost dead Ps2 and XBox would be a waste of production time and money. I'm a Madden guy since ther early 90's but I've got to say that since 2002 Madden has spiraled downhill from its arcade-ish gameplay to subpar graphics to most disturbingly the multitude of glitches that they wouldn't even patch or fix or for that matter acknowledge. We as consumers simply buy their game as if its crack because they have us all hooked on that Madden Drug.

Personally, I'm not purchasing Madden until 2007 or whenever they rebuild the game. The yearly gimmicks they give us does not suffice for me (Playmaker control, Hit sticks and now vision passing)..I'm over the Madden smoke screen. I just want them to deliver a solid football sim that plays realistically, with great graphics and presentation. If EA was smart they should have nabbed a copy of ESPN2k5 and simply stole alot of what they did in that game and use those ideas to transition it into their game...ESPN2k5 IMO was the better game this year but with that being said ESPN2k5 had some real issues too that just didn't satisfy my love for cyber football or allow me to remain connected to the game.

Lets see what the next gen rebuilt Madden does cause 2006 is gonna be nothing more than Madden 2004/2005 with a new gimmick and a few corrected glitches

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »