Home

Day 4 is Up

This is a discussion on Day 4 is Up within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2005, 05:34 PM   #89
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Day 4 is Up

Pared's right...they really only updated the animations(a great leap forward in that regard) but the graphics are touched up just like madden does every year.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:51 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 1

why can't they show an camera angle that would be easily recognized as in game. Show the screen from behind the quarterback. Show it how it would be played. The time entering the field is not "playing" the game. EVEN IF those screens are have the same graphic level as the rest of the game will be, those screens ARE NOT playable. Or is EA saying your going to control the players walking onto the field?
Old 04-21-2005, 05:51 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Why even LEAVE that doubt in all of our minds. I swear EA does this everyyear with new screenshots. Just give us STRAIGHT up screenshots. We are always jumping through hoops like dogs, running around trying to figure out whats true or whats not true.

I guess EA likes leaving its fans with far more speculation than happiness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2005, 06:02 PM   #92
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
In all of that, did you ever stop and think about how Madden's cut scenes NOW are done using the in-game engine? The player introductions, all that good stuff... your "cut scene" graphics are done using the actual on field graphics.

Where does that leave your argument now? If anything, it makes a stronger case as to why these are the actual graphics of the game. I don't see why it's so hard to believe. Just look at the jump from PS1 to PS2... that's all the proof you need that it's possible.

So much skepticism... I guess it's better to err on the side of caution... But I don't see why people doubt the next gen consoles will have graphics like this... Imagine the Half Life2 engine put to use on a football field.

This is all very possible, and will be a reality sooner than you think.
This may be true for an argument against all these people that are saying this can't possibly be done or no way gameplay graphics are this good. I have no idea why it was in response to my post though. If people are saying "in game" like when I'm playing a game I might actually see that graphic then sure, it's in game. As far as I know, cut scenes are in game too so I don't know how you can argue in game vs cut scene if that's your definition. All I said was that this pic is obviously not one taken in game as in during gameplay which is what I think people were looking for. To me that makes it a cut scene. I have not commented on if the gameplay graphics can be this good or not b/c I don't really care to get all caught up in that. It's just not that important to me. As I said in my last post, the graphics during gameplay will be better than anything we've seen to date and that's good enough for me right now. The debate on the others were if they were actual gameplay or not... this one there should be no debate. It is most definitely not a replay of something during gameplay.

DJ, you need to have a smoke or something, lol. As I just stated I personally did not say anything wasn't possible... I won't retype the same thing to you but your response was a bit, uh, excited. I was with you in laughing at how serious some are taking this stuff but seems like you're starting to cross over.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:08 PM   #93
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
It didn't go over my head but it had absolutely nothing to do with the argument and it seemed like you were trying to take a shot at waht some people had said in this thread.

And?
Old 04-21-2005, 06:11 PM   #94
MVP

OVR: 11

I agree with the person that said that "the future is now!" lol. I think we have to realize that these next-generation consoles aren't going to just have meager updates in all facets of the games, it's going to be a huge leap. Just look at the specs of the PS2/Xbox compared to the specs of the PS3/Xbox2, the specs are like 10 times better all around. The jump between this generation and the next generation isn't going to be a simple "add a couple more creases to the guys shirt" or "Now the clothes move a lot better". I see it as being the jump that it was when the first Playstation came out, then we all say the PS2 and our jaws dropped. On a separate note, Pared, I LOOOOVE your Avatar, that Vida Guerra girl is BEAUTIFUL.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:17 PM   #95
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay8595
No..its an "ACME" billboard.....

Acme is a supermarket around this area "Philly"
No, no, no. Acme is the company that supplies Road Runner catching accessories to Willie Coyote.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2005, 06:28 PM   #96
MVP

OVR: 7

I dunno why people are doubting these graphics on the Xbox 360, if you combine the polys of NFL Fever and the models of 2k5 you would get something close to to this on current Xboxes. Now run it on an Xbox 360 with a CPU several times more powerful, a latest gen video card and franky I am shocked the game doesn't look BETTER than those screenshots.

EA is laughing at you guy's speculation BTW.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »