Home

No Defensive Playmaker for MADDEN 2007 360 version..AGAIN!

This is a discussion on No Defensive Playmaker for MADDEN 2007 360 version..AGAIN! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2006, 03:15 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: No Defensive Playmaker for MADDEN 2007 360 version..AGAIN!

To be honest the only thing I would want from it this year is to man someone up. The reason why is because of the new ratings. Let's say all of your second and third level defenders have great zone coverage ratings except one CB out there who's zone coverage rating is a 60. But he has good man coverage. I would like to put this guy in man coverage, take the OLB and play between two zones. If the back releases to my side I'd play between the flats and the hook area with the OLB. Meanwhile that CB can do what he does best instead of doing what was shown in the Kevin Curtis vs Bills DB pic.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:03 PM   #58
OS Managing Ed., 2002-07

sdrotar's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
To be honest the only thing I would want from it this year is to man someone up. The reason why is because of the new ratings. Let's say all of your second and third level defenders have great zone coverage ratings except one CB out there who's zone coverage rating is a 60. But he has good man coverage. I would like to put this guy in man coverage, take the OLB and play between two zones. If the back releases to my side I'd play between the flats and the hook area with the OLB. Meanwhile that CB can do what he does best instead of doing what was shown in the Kevin Curtis vs Bills DB pic.
I completely agree with that, plus I think the lack of any ability to call a quick double-team does hurt the product to an extent.

You'll see that soon enough, especially on corner routes, which took all of five minutes to notice that they're far, far too effective - especially with a scrambling QB.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:42 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrotar
I completely agree with that, plus I think the lack of any ability to call a quick double-team does hurt the product to an extent.

You'll see that soon enough, especially on corner routes, which took all of five minutes to notice that they're far, far too effective - especially with a scrambling QB.

And you have just mentioned my other concern. Scrambling QB. I can sense it
Old 07-29-2006, 04:45 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrotar
The Dominic Rhodes thing is a bit of a joke.
We played a tournament, and in the second round, AndyP of Madden Planet ran over me with Rhodes on a play where he broke at least six tackles all the way down the field. It was so out of the ordinary that it generated a little bit of "buzz".

He is not speaking about ratings, and I can tell you that Shaun Alexander, for one, is way more dangerous than Rhodes - it's just that Rhodes had a freak, one-in-a-million play in the tourney that captured our attention.

We did ask about the "shotgun" sound. They really sort of dodged it a bit, but I don't think any of the gamers there liked it; it's really sort of baffling.
That said, it's also getting blown out of proportion. It's just a sound - yeah, it's goofy, but if that's what people are focusing on, I'd argue that the view is a little myopic.
Yeah. I found out the D Rhodes thing was a joke. It had me worried that the running game would be to easy. That's funny they kind of dodged the question. Did they scratch their chin and then go to the other side the room and whisper? I can deal with the sound and lack of presentation. If it is better than NCAA 07 I'm satisfied. I am liking NCAA 07. Sounds like you all had a good time. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:53 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
I heard that when you play online on ALL Madden they make you use the cone. Is there any thruth to that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2006, 05:26 PM   #62
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Corner routes and scrambling QB's. No game has ever really figured those two things out. It'd be nice if EA did sometime in the next decade.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:26 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Corner routes and scrambling QB's. No game has ever really figured those two things out. It'd be nice if EA did sometime in the next decade.

The reason why is because no game has real quarters coverage and there are no communication reads and adjustments between OLB's, Safeties and Corners. We just get static coverages. That would be hard as hell to code though.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:22 PM   #64
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
The reason why is because no game has real quarters coverage and there are no communication reads and adjustments between OLB's, Safeties and Corners. We just get static coverages. That would be hard as hell to code though.
Agreed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »