Home

Has EA just eliminated the need for custom rosters?

This is a discussion on Has EA just eliminated the need for custom rosters? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2007, 10:05 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Has EA just eliminated the need for custom rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon13
I don't think it would apply to franchise mode though. It would make sense to me for it only to be applied towards online play and exhibition games.
For franchise it'd only apply when you initially started the franchise.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-30-2007, 10:06 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnytheSkin
Sounds good, and I would sure as hell LOVE this for exhibition and online games (since I like to "sim" a few games of the current NFL week).

I don't think it's going to be forced on the Season/Franchise players (the roster will be "locked" in when you start said mode). However, I don't think EA will provide timely updates...I mean, it's been what, four or so for the entire NFL season!!! Why increase the frequency with no competition?
Maybe the Madden rosters will be somehow linked to a site, such as ESPN which automatically does this, that way it's not manual. I seriously doubt EA would invite constant daily manual updates upon themselves.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-30-2007, 11:12 PM   #11
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
For franchise it'd only apply when you initially started the franchise.
You guys are probably right... but I'm not taking it for granted that something like this won't happen... like HOF's showing up in our Franchise because the producers (Ortiz) thought it was cool and that's what we wanted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2007, 01:09 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Im fine with it i guess, i dont play online that often so i personally wouldnt worry about it too much. But i guess it does bring another aspect to the game, as long as its not too agressive, if Harrison twist his ankle and desides to sit out early in the week and i cant use him even tho, hes planning on playing, it will kind of be stupid.

I dont know, i just dont think it should be over used, how many people are Day to Day in the NFL season! LOTS! I mean, it might be 5 to 12 players on a team at a time. So i guess its just how far they want to take it, it better not be too far tho, or at least let us turn it off if we want. If they are going to do this too, they better give us a screen that tells us who is currently inactive(hurt, cant play) before we pick our team, at the selection screen.

What about this tho..
""EA Sports said it doesn't know if the changes will mean price increases for games now costing about $60 for Sony PlayStation 3 or Microsoft Xbox 360 owners.""

Ha, and the real reason comes out.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:12 AM   #13
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Didn't NFL Fever do the weather thing about 5 years ago? I really like this option. If it is raining in NJ right now and I fire up Madden and play at Giants Stadium I would love to see the rain in my game.

I wouldn't mind the roster thing either if done right. It would only make sense to have this option for the first year of a franchise, but like many have stated, I bet this will be an online only feature.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:48 AM   #14

OVR: 34

I like it. I also think the idea of realtime weather is great. Obviously, this needs to be absent from any season or franchise you are running, and I'm sure it will be.

Sounds great to me.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:21 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 16

If you aren't hooked up online this will not effect you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2007, 11:45 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

I wonder if this will effect the Wii version as well since mine is online 24/7.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »