Home

Has EA just eliminated the need for custom rosters?

This is a discussion on Has EA just eliminated the need for custom rosters? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2007, 01:22 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Has EA just eliminated the need for custom rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
You were talking about downloading roster updates, I said that it doesn't look like you will have to download anything since this would only work if you're online. What don't you understand?
Ok, now I understand what your saying, but I think your confused. However, what your talking about is Injuries in Online Play. What I was talking about was IR (the replay you gave me). IR still shows up in the Roster Update, obviously, there won't be Farve with an Ankle sprain, like there would be online if this is the case (im fine with that, like I said, im not online). But as far as IR is concerned, its in the roster update.

Its a killer to work around it, and in 07's case, you couldnt. You couldn't do anything with the player, except play with him. That was my complaint in my post (you replied to)... and you said this...

It doesn't seem like you're downloading anything though, so I don't think that it's going to happen like that.

Which is a bit confusing, because I just got done telling you what DID happen like that.. and then you just told me, you dont think its going to be like that. Doesn't really make any sense, I guess thats why you confused me.

Last edited by dbshady; 06-06-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:07 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
Ok, now I understand what your saying, but I think your confused. However, what your talking about is Injuries in Online Play. What I was talking about was IR (the replay you gave me). IR still shows up in the Roster Update, obviously, there won't be Farve with an Ankle sprain, like there would be online if this is the case (im fine with that, like I said, im not online). But as far as IR is concerned, its in the roster update.

Its a killer to work around it, and in 07's case, you couldnt. You couldn't do anything with the player, except play with him. That was my complaint in my post (you replied to)... and you said this...

It doesn't seem like you're downloading anything though, so I don't think that it's going to happen like that.

Which is a bit confusing, because I just got done telling you what DID happen like that.. and then you just told me, you dont think its going to be like that. Doesn't really make any sense, I guess thats why you confused me.
People make roster updates all the time so if you want to start your franchise without such and such being on IR then just download someone else's rosters to start your franchise with. It's not a killer to work around.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-06-2007, 09:11 PM   #35
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady

I wasn't talking about what happened in your story, I was talking about this year's madden.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2007, 12:12 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
People make roster updates all the time so if you want to start your franchise without such and such being on IR then just download someone else's rosters to start your franchise with. It's not a killer to work around.
What??

EA's Roster updates, as well as other peoples Roster, who use EA's as a template have players on IR, every update except for the default roster had at least someone on IR. At the end of the season there was a number of players.

Now people, you are not paying attention to what im saying. Im not talking about a Franchise, never in the post you just replyed to, is the word Franchise. There is an option, in the settings, to turn off pre-existing injuries in the franchise mode! There is no need for a work around on that, thats not what im talking about even im talking about.

I said it was a killer to work around the rosters, when IR is applied to a number of players. Arrington, Kerney, Stokely, Williams (davis), and many more were all placed on IR by the end of the season. Now, when they are on IR, they are impossible to move. So, these players cant be put on their new team, for 08. So when im doing my own rosters, as other people found out also, that these players cant be moved to their new team. Without starting with the default roster and doing it all over agian yourself. And all what I said was, I dont mind them putting players on IR, but at least in 08, let us still move the player as we wish. They didnt allow us to do that in 07, so roster changes after the season, were nearly impossible to do.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:37 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I wasn't talking about what happened in your story, I was talking about this year's madden.
Man, you need to look at my above post too. I dont really know where you coming from, or even what your trying to say to me.

I poster said, that pre-existing injuries, were stupid to be in the game.

You said, well if your not online then you dont have to worry about any roster changes.

Which is true, but not really.

I said, yeah, thats true.. If its what EA is talking about doing, like putting up to date injuries online, so if farves neck hurts, its going to hurt in the game. HOWEVER, every roster update that EA puts out (at least last year, and definitely this year, if there talking about doing a change for a simple spained ankle) as players on the IR. Most people use EA's update as a templete as they make their roster moves in between updates, so you wont find a roster without some players on IR. (except for the default roster, which sucks). IR is a PRE-EXISTING injury in the game. For Franchise mode, this is fine, there is an option to turn that on or off.

HOWEVER, when you try and update the rosters, you cant use make changes to people on the IR. Which means Kerney, Arrington, Stokely, ect, cant be changed to their new team in 08. Thats my beef with the Pre-Existing injuries, and im sure many others who want accurate rosters right now.

then you said...

It doesn't seem like you're downloading anything though so I don't think that it's going to happen like that.

ok.. but we are.. we are downloading the roster updates from EA off of this site.. Which has IR players on it. I assume that the roster updates EA puts out, are from online. They are the same file. We just download them from a Datel Tranfer kit, not directly from our 360. So either way, it happend like that. Im sure 08 will be no different then 07, in terms of roster updates, especially if they are talking about just added ankle sprains, and not just players on the IR. So yeah, that confused me. Because I just told you how it happend, and you told me you dont think its going to be like that... weird.

And then you relyed.

Again, in the post you replyed to, there is no such talk about any franchise, im not doing a franchise! Im simply trying to say, there is no way to change the roster if someone you have to change is on the IR! Every roster update as at least someone on IR, except for the default roster, which is not accurate by week 2. There is a option for IR in franchise mode, there is no work around what so ever. That is not even a question. I think you more confused then me, and believe, you confused me. All I said which is a face, and I would hope its changed in 08, there is no work around for players that are placed on IR to switch teams. And this happends, (where you wrong), whether your online OR you decide to have accurate rosters and download the EA update (off-line). There are pre-existing injuries, not just online as you said, but in roster updates as well, like i said. Thats all. All this franchise work around stuff is unnessary, and not even close to what I was talking about. Im befuddled. I really am.

Last edited by dbshady; 06-07-2007 at 01:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »