Home

Has EA just eliminated the need for custom rosters?

This is a discussion on Has EA just eliminated the need for custom rosters? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2007, 01:01 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Has EA just eliminated the need for custom rosters?

Madden shouldnt have pre existing injuries at all. Just cause a players gets hurt in real life thats not a good reason to make them hurt on the game simply because its a game. How you feel if you bought Smackdown vs Raw and you couldnt play with Triple H or the Undertaker cause of them hur prior to the game being released? I'd say that would suck. Same thing applies for NBA Live Im sure you would be upset if you went to pick the Heat and D-Wade was out with a shoulder injury. I think EA is tryin to be too real with this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2007, 09:32 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers5590
Madden shouldnt have pre existing injuries at all. Just cause a players gets hurt in real life thats not a good reason to make them hurt on the game simply because its a game. How you feel if you bought Smackdown vs Raw and you couldnt play with Triple H or the Undertaker cause of them hur prior to the game being released? I'd say that would suck. Same thing applies for NBA Live Im sure you would be upset if you went to pick the Heat and D-Wade was out with a shoulder injury. I think EA is tryin to be too real with this.
Careful what you wish for, cuz you just might get it....

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-04-2007, 09:38 PM   #27
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers5590
Well it only works if you're online so I don't think that's going to be a problem.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 06-06-2007, 01:17 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Well it only works if you're online so I don't think that's going to be a problem.
Also happend last year, I dont have xbox live, but did download the updated rosters from this site. EA did roster changes and added a well number of players on the IR in the game (which were still available for play now and you could turn off IR in Franchise mode). HOWEVER, I tried to do roster changes at the end of the season and with the IR and roster updates EA did, as well as no edit number, it was impossible to complete. IR players were un-releaseable. Players like Kerney, Arrington, Williams (Davis), and many others had to stay on the team, they are currently not on. I dont mind IR, if they want to put it in the game (but let us still be able to edit, release, trade, whatever). After EA puts the IR on someone, besides just to play, the player was useless.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:38 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Maybe the Madden rosters will be somehow linked to a site, such as ESPN which automatically does this, that way it's not manual. I seriously doubt EA would invite constant daily manual updates upon themselves.
Yeah, no kidding. They don't even update their rosters weekly, let alone daily.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:47 AM   #30

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
Also happend last year, I dont have xbox live, but did download the updated rosters from this site. EA did roster changes and added a well number of players on the IR in the game (which were still available for play now and you could turn off IR in Franchise mode). HOWEVER, I tried to do roster changes at the end of the season and with the IR and roster updates EA did, as well as no edit number, it was impossible to complete. IR players were un-releaseable. Players like Kerney, Arrington, Williams (Davis), and many others had to stay on the team, they are currently not on. I dont mind IR, if they want to put it in the game (but let us still be able to edit, release, trade, whatever). After EA puts the IR on someone, besides just to play, the player was useless.
It doesn't seem like you're downloading anything though so I don't think that it's going to happen like that.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 06-06-2007, 12:19 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
It doesn't seem like you're downloading anything though so I don't think that it's going to happen like that.
Im not sure what you saying. What does that mean?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2007, 12:56 PM   #32

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
Im not sure what you saying. What does that mean?
You were talking about downloading roster updates, I said that it doesn't look like you will have to download anything since this would only work if you're online. What don't you understand?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »