Home

This is very sad indeed another year of this.

This is a discussion on This is very sad indeed another year of this. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2007, 10:14 AM   #49
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: This is very said indeed another year of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidraindrops08
Looks like I'm buying Madden for the ps2 this year. There still has not been a year where the current gen hasn't outperformed the next gen games online. This goes for NCAA as well, their both smoother, more control, better ranking and stat keeping. It was just more fun, thats not how your supposed to move into next gen, by going backwards. I mean I want to see this game succeed but they truly do not care anymore because they know they have the support.
I totally agree with your statements. I have sung the blues continually since getting my 360 for Christmas regarding the state of next-gen football titles. I envisioned what I experiened transitioning from the PS1 to the Deuce, times 2. Instead, it was like going back to the PS1, and I am not speaking of graphics (well, I kinda am, the player models in Madden are yuck and the running motion is comical) I mean features and the whole experience. I still don't see how having so much more to work with has calculated into watered down versions from the previous generation. I am appauled that every new generation football game (except APF) has only one camera angle. To me, that is huge. I find myself longing to play the old Deuce version football games, which is funny because I never longed to play the old PS1 football games. Sad and disappointing. But, that's just me.

AS CONSUMERS, WE HAVE ONLY ONE TOOL TO SHOW OUR DISPLEASURE, AND I AM VERY CLOSE TO USING IT!
Old 08-08-2007, 10:23 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
I totally agree with your statements. I have sung the blues continually since getting my 360 for Christmas regarding the state of next-gen football titles. I envisioned what I experiened transitioning from the PS1 to the Deuce, times 2. Instead, it was like going back to the PS1, and I am not speaking of graphics (well, I kinda am, the player models in Madden are yuck and the running motion is comical) I mean features and the whole experience. I still don't see how having so much more to work with has calculated into watered down versions from the previous generation. I am appauled that every new generation football game (except APF) has only one camera angle. To me, that is huge. I find myself longing to play the old Deuce version football games, which is funny because I never longed to play the old PS1 football games. Sad and disappointing. But, that's just me.

AS CONSUMERS, WE HAVE ONLY ONE TOOL TO SHOW OUR DISPLEASURE, AND I AM VERY CLOSE TO USING IT!

Good post. Our expectaions are so low as consumers we let too many game companies get away with half *** products.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:04 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
FIOS is over-ratted. If you have Cable, your Internet connection is probably just as fast as FIOS. It's all the same: FIBER OPTICS
It's not at all the same, anyone that thinks copper can match Fiber Optics for speed is ignorant to the technology. FIOS is not overrated, it was recently awarded #1 by PC World magazine in every internet category. I can now download twice as fast as cable users. And my Comcast cable before was pretty decent too. I downloaded 4 high resolution Madden IGN movies in no time flat the other night. My ping times and download rates are double, sometimes triple regular cable users. If you ever want to compare speed rates on DSLreports.com let me know and i'm happy to accomodate you.

Sounds like sour grapes from you. Probably because it's not available where you live yet

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 11:08 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

im disappointed, and heres why. Playing offline with friends or franchise is cool, but unless you live in a dorm with a bunch of friends its gets boring really fast. Once you start dominating your friends they no longer want to play you anymore and after half a season in franchise your just going threw the motions. The presentation isn't there so you get bored, and its easy to out smart the CPU on all-madden or anyother level. For example on all-madden in 07 when playing the Colts all i used was nickel cover 3 and it was garanteed that Peyton would throw atleast 3 picks. I love online i want to take my game across the nation against guys in LA, CHI, DET, NYC, and everywhere else. Thats the reason for live to make friends and see who's got game. I love the competition and its fun. I played over 120 game online with madden 06 and 120 with 07 and even took part in the Master card tournament. It was hard to play this way, you had to think 5 to 7 seconds ahead of yourself. This news makes it really hard to really enjoy the game online. I never had lag with any of my 360 games except for Madden 06 and 07 it sucks. My connection is DSL 3.5 mbps which is more then what is needed.

Last edited by comegetbeat; 08-08-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by comegetbeat
im disappointed, and heres why. Playing offline with friends or franchise is cool, but unless you live in a dorm with a bunch of friends its gets boring really fast. Once you start dominating your friends they no longer want to play you anymore and after half a season in franchise your just going threw the motions. The presentation isn't there so you get bored, and its easy to out smart the CPU on all-madden or anyother level. For example on all-madden in 07 when playing the Colts all i used was nickel cover 3 and it was garanteed that Peyton would throw atleast 3 picks. I love online i want to take my game across the nation against guys in LA, CHI, DET, NYC, and everywhere else. Thats the reason for live to make friends and see who's got game. I love the competition and its fun. I played over 120 game online with madden 06 and 120 with 07 and even took part in the Master card tournament. It was hard to play this way, you had to think 5 to 7 seconds ahead of yourself. This news makes it really hard to really enjoy the game online. I never had lag with any of my 360 games except for Madden 06 and 07 it sucks. My connection is DSL 3.5 mbps which is more then what is needed.
You guys act as if the game is going to be unplayable online. If you know your history of sports games onlines, there are quite a few times, especially in EA games, where upon the initial release of the game they have issues because of programming, the servers, too many users whatever. They usually get it cleaned up and with a few weeks the issues are gone (obviously not in all cases because it seems some people always have issues with EA games but not sure what the deal is with that).

This is not to excuse the initial lag or other issues but rather to encourage everyone to not be so melodramatic, try to show some patience and the game will probably be just fine in a few weeks. I see a lot of people over-reacting to this when they haven't even played it for themselves yet to know how it will work for them.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-08-2007, 11:23 AM   #54
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13

I wonder what the online experience is like for the pc version of the game?
Old 08-08-2007, 11:41 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I honestly don't get it, I played Madden 07 quite a bit online and never had any lag. And I've played about 20 games of NCAA 08 and there was only once or twice there was some lag and I think it was the other guy. There is a very slight difference in online button presses but it's nothing unusual IMO and once you play a game or two you get used to it.

ODogg - are you the kinda guy who just throws it and lets the CPU go catch it. Or just kinda runs around on the D-line on defense? If so, you might not notice lag as much. If you're a user catch addict, or someone who HAS to play safety or LB with quick reaction skills, the lag is readily apparent.

I have a great connection, all ports open, yadda yadda - the fact is EA products are going backwards online, rather than forwards.

Too bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 11:43 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
"When the offensive user zooms the camera out it freezes the defensive user from switching the player they are controlling or making defensive adjustments "

Sweet! I gotta try this until they patch it.

lol jk
I always do this on offense especially when passing. Great to know I'd have to break a norm I've had for nearly a decade to not be labeled a cheeser.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »