Home

*OFFICIAL OS* Madden Impressions/Questions Thread (PS2/XBox)

This is a discussion on *OFFICIAL OS* Madden Impressions/Questions Thread (PS2/XBox) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2007, 06:49 PM   #73
Rookie

hydrostar's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: *OFFICIAL OS* Madden Impressions/Questions Thread (PS2/XBox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
I played a quick game on the regular xbox version just to get a feel for it.

Ahh, good old faithful past-gen. It basically felt the same as previous years, yet somehow felt a bit "firmer" in the AI dept. I played my game on all-pro default and it seemed the only tweaking it might need is some help with the CPU running and passing game. So not horribly bad out of the box...

It's weird...I love the more complete, polished, no turnover bugs, etc. feel of the older version, but it's hard when you can see the potential the next-gen version has if EA would ever get around to QA-ing the damn thing.

My overall impression is that the past-gen game will give you a good, solid football title to play with during the year, but it won't "wow" you in many of the ways the new one does (obviously).

Kind of like women:

Do you go with the faithful, solid, consistent woman who does a lot of things well, but isn't the prettiest woman in the world, but looks ok, or do you go with the hot, fine looking woman who is great to look at, does some things well, but is really lacking in some areas the "average jane" girl good in. LOL!

No right or wrong answer, just a preference thing I suppose.
Just wanted to say that I have the game for PS2 and PS3, and I could not agree with you more.

Me, I will end up spending most of my time playing on PS2, I believe. Call me a sucker for gameplay if you must.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:07 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Thanks, I'll be interested to read your impressions. I would love to be able to play a good (up to date) NFL game on a console.

In the meantime I'm going to pick up the PC version...
I love the XBOX version. Ive purchased it for XBOX the past 3yrs and its been great. This yrs looks like the past yrs versions but as most people will agree the AI feels much better, i really have no complaints in the gameplay department at all
Old 08-17-2007, 07:23 PM   #75
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

OVR: 28

I have been playing the 07 version recently and I love it. It just feels right. I have the new 08 360 version and I like it also, but after the pretty colors and graphics...the xbox version just, well, like I said...feels better, more solid gameplay. Just my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 10:45 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just got '08 for my PS2 and I'm having a hard time noticing any difference from '07. any other PS2 owners feel like this? Maybe I'm just reacting too quickly, but I fired up a game between my Bears against the Colts and it just felt exactly like last year's version.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:08 AM   #77
MVP

OVR: 11

Does PS2 have the same franchise issues as PS3?
Old 08-18-2007, 10:29 AM   #78
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Overall, how are the 'Weapons'?
Old 08-18-2007, 03:11 PM   #79
MVP

Kohlstar20's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Burgundy
I just got '08 for my PS2 and I'm having a hard time noticing any difference from '07. any other PS2 owners feel like this? Maybe I'm just reacting too quickly, but I fired up a game between my Bears against the Colts and it just felt exactly like last year's version.
As far as the Gameplay is concerned other than the few defensive adjustments that you can make in this years game it is very identical to 07. However I think this years game feels a little more smoother/crisper than 07 with less stuttering between screens especially between the playcalling screen and the field of play. I think the biggest difference this year is the new features like Fantasy Challenge, Skill Drills, Hitstick 2.0, Player Weapons, etc. Other than the new features there isn't a whole lot new in 08. Basically EA just fried up a few new features, added them to the old game and wrapped it in 08 packaging. No matter what way you slice it though I am still enjoying it just as much as any other year, afterall you can't expect much from current gen anymore.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:01 AM   #80
Go Ravens

ravensfan52's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrostar
Just wanted to say that I have the game for PS2 and PS3, and I could not agree with you more.

Me, I will end up spending most of my time playing on PS2, I believe. Call me a sucker for gameplay if you must.
I got the PS3 version the day it game out. I was once again disapointed. Bought the ps2 one on ebay and just popped it in tonight. Wow. What a difference from the ps3 version. Like others have said its the same game we all used too, but it is so much more complete than next gen (refs, fg nets, etc). It is FUN to play. I love the controler layout I've been used to for 8 years, not some new weird layout that makes no sense. I feel like you have more control of your players unlike next gen. if im covering a reciever with a db I know if I play it smart I can EARN a user pick, not have it be hard as hell. The running animations look somewhat real not fake like next gen. If i have a party and I want to show off graphics I'll show people the ps3 version but I will be playing most of my madden games on ps2 this year. I hope last gen sticks around because it really is a SOLID game. I wish there was a way they could take the last gen version and leave it exactly the same and just make the graphics sick and then add new features and call it next gen. I feel like he transition from ps1 to ps2 was so much easier than ps2 to ps3. thanks

Last edited by ravensfan52; 08-19-2007 at 12:05 AM. Reason: spelling

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »