Home

*OFFICIAL OS* Madden Impressions/Questions Thread (PS2/XBox)

This is a discussion on *OFFICIAL OS* Madden Impressions/Questions Thread (PS2/XBox) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2007, 12:28 PM   #89
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: *OFFICIAL OS* Madden Impressions/Questions Thread (PS2/XBox)

Well after trying the 360 game for a while, I caeved and traded in my NCAA and Madden 08 games for PS2 versions of Madden and NCAA as well as a PSP version of Madden for spawning games....I really couldn't handle the glitches and issues with the 360 version anymore. The franchise issues and the stat glitches and fumble bugs have ruined this game for me..

It sucks because graphically, Madden 08 is very nice, but EA needs to find some testers to get their issues fixed. Madden 08 on the PS2 sounds like the same game as 07 and I loved 07 so I will get this and NCAA so I can import draft classes....
Old 08-28-2007, 04:19 PM   #90
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

The game plays like 07, but more polished. The more I play, the more improvements I see.

I'm totally happy I upgraded to 08.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:29 AM   #91
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
The game plays like 07, but more polished. The more I play, the more improvements I see.

I'm totally happy I upgraded to 08.
The problem is that EA now got us to buy two games.

Going forward i will NEVER buy a game from EA again w/o excessively reading posts. I did that this time but it is actually worse (for franchise players) that written. Rex Grossman now has 25 TDs and 0 ints in my 360 franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2007, 09:37 AM   #92
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensfan52
I got the PS3 version the day it game out. I was once again disapointed. Bought the ps2 one on ebay and just popped it in tonight. Wow. What a difference from the ps3 version. Like others have said its the same game we all used too, but it is so much more complete than next gen (refs, fg nets, etc). It is FUN to play. I love the controler layout I've been used to for 8 years, not some new weird layout that makes no sense. I feel like you have more control of your players unlike next gen. if im covering a reciever with a db I know if I play it smart I can EARN a user pick, not have it be hard as hell. The running animations look somewhat real not fake like next gen. If i have a party and I want to show off graphics I'll show people the ps3 version but I will be playing most of my madden games on ps2 this year. I hope last gen sticks around because it really is a SOLID game. I wish there was a way they could take the last gen version and leave it exactly the same and just make the graphics sick and then add new features and call it next gen. I feel like he transition from ps1 to ps2 was so much easier than ps2 to ps3. thanks
I was this close to buying PS3 Madden, but the less-than-stellar reviews here(and at MaddenMania) made me think otherwise. All of you couldn't be wrong, so I played a few games at my cousin's house. Man, am I glad I listened to you cats. I would have been real pissed-off if I spent money on PS3 Madden. All it has over PS2 is graphics.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:45 AM   #93
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano
The problem is that EA now got us to buy two games.

Going forward i will NEVER buy a game from EA again w/o excessively reading posts. I did that this time but it is actually worse (for franchise players) that written. Rex Grossman now has 25 TDs and 0 ints in my 360 franchise.
I can't argue that.

It is like they took last years game, and fixed up stuff, and added some stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »