Home

Weapons are the cause of the Erratic Gameplay!

This is a discussion on Weapons are the cause of the Erratic Gameplay! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2007, 12:11 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Weapons are the cause of the Erratic Gameplay!

Yeah, this is what I'm trying to say. Weapons does have a affect on gameplay, believe it or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 12:14 AM   #66
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

I have been telling people this since Last Week, but everyone said I was CRAZY....

He who Laughs last Laughs BEST.....
Old 08-17-2007, 12:15 AM   #67
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
Smart weapons are the only ones which affect gameplay. And those are only to see the play, they do not add to their attributes or anything.
I'm in this camp too. I guess unless EA comes out and makes a definitive statement one way or the other everyone will just believe what they want to believe. Everyone may still do that even if they do say something.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:25 AM   #68
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
I have been telling people this since Last Week, but everyone said I was CRAZY....

He who Laughs last Laughs BEST.....
I got some of the same comments over at Gamefaqs. But people actually TRIED it and came around.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:28 AM   #69
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
Smart weapons are the only ones which affect gameplay. And those are only to see the play, they do not add to their attributes or anything.
All they seem to do is let you know what skill sets the "power players" have and add nothing to the players. That's why once your ratings get to that level you get the icon.

This is from EASports.com:

"New player skill icons identify on field strength and weaknesses, providing ann immediate read on what your opponent is giving you. Quickly react , create mismatches, and exploit opponent weaknesses before every play"

It's just a visual representation of the skills on the field so you can make adjustments etc... So unless EA comes out and says they are wrong about what they themselves say the weapons stuff is just visual aides.

Again I'm just relaying what I think and I could be totally wrong. Wish we knew one way or another so we could go from there.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 08-17-2007 at 12:41 AM.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:57 AM   #70
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Only played one game with weapons off. Didn't cure turnovers, but I was able to actually have a passing game for once.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:09 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 11

I don't know, because the TO problem hasn't been that bad for me.

Are the LBs superhuman? Yes, they make nearly every pass over the middle difficult to impossible.

But over the days I have been getting better at reading defenses in this game because of the added difficulty. Today i've thrown 2 INTs in about 5 games...huge improvement.

I am just learning how to read the defenses when the play starts and it is just making me better. On this game you really have to go through your progressions and know most of the routes on the game...also if you see a WR crossing over the middle and a LB is playing a zone right there are he's spying and the CB is chasing the WR... a lot of times people would throw a bullet pass...because they don't see the LB affecting the play...

Well on this game the LBs are tough. if a ball comes in their area or crosses their zone they will knock it down or worse INT it. If you float it though and you have a above average QB you can make that throw work.

As for the corners and safeties...well that is where reading the defense comes in. When the play starts you just have to find out whos playing man and whos playing covering a zone and if so which zone.

Floaters over the middle seem to neutralize the LBs on this game.

Also with the Fumbles...I don't know it hasn't ever been a problem with me and I run with Green...Odd thing is I don't ever cover up the ball I just use the tuck/highlight stick and I turbo...and i've had many games with 1 or less fumbles at least on my side.

I can see where the psychic defenders are killing people...The LBs sometimes are just incredible. I think if the corners and safeties are getting INTs then that MAY be the players fault. But if LBs or even Dlinemen (on NCAA a DE popped up off the friggin line and snagged my throw) then that is when it just gets bad.

But as of today, like I've said i've only thrown 2 maybe 3 in about 5 games...that means two games I went all game and threw NO INTs. You just have to be extra careful and don't try to do to much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 01:11 AM   #72
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
All they seem to do is let you know what skill sets the "power players" have and add nothing to the players. That's why once your ratings get to that level you get the icon.

This is from EASports.com:

"New player skill icons identify on field strength and weaknesses, providing ann immediate read on what your opponent is giving you. Quickly react , create mismatches, and exploit opponent weaknesses before every play"

It's just a visual representation of the skills on the field so you can make adjustments etc... So unless EA comes out and says they are wrong about what they themselves say the weapons stuff is just visual aides.

Again I'm just relaying what I think and I could be totally wrong. Wish we knew one way or another so we could go from there.
So EA just came up with an idea that is entirely about looks on the field. I don't think EA would do that. NCAA has key players. They give them a boost. A good QB was good. A good QB that was an impact player sometimes turned into ROBO QB.

I don't think EA created a system that is all looks. But like you I don't know what is really going on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »