Home

Madden 09 Will be Special

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Will be Special within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2008, 07:11 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 09 Will be Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Be critical all you want but I'll be ecstatic with Madden 09 if it is just patched Madden '08 with ESPN integration, presentation, and overlays.

Call me old school but I don't expect perfection from video games.
But you do expect them to be good right? One thing that Madden has always lacked is polish. I saw Cheat! ( G4 ) today and the episode had Madden in it.. The game looked a lot worse than I remember. I couldnt tell what was happening most of the time but I probably missed some stuff since I was staring at those mammoth QBs.

We have heard and said the same thing it seems the past 3 or 4 releases and nothing ever happens. It has been a few years since I have played a good NFL game ( I enjoyed APF2K8 for what it offered ) and I hope EA does something with Madden.

Last edited by BledsoeHoF; 02-05-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2008, 07:12 PM   #26
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
It'd be interesting if they decided to reboot the series, but I agree it'll probably be something marketing related as far as celebrating the 20th anniversary goes. Especially since last year was heralded as the biggest gameplay upgrade the series had seen since [whenever] and it still turned out the way it did.
How can you reboot a sports game? Not being sarcastic or anything, but how would they go about rebooting the series?

Reading the dudes interview with the producing team, it really sounds as if the game is going to be epic this year, that their really going to go all out and give us a damn good game. http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...d.php?t=216371

Again like i mentioned in the opening post, since i didn't buy 08 after 07, i feel as if i'm in for a great time with 09. I enjoyed 08 when i rented it

Last edited by marshallfever; 02-05-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:19 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

It might be special if they totally re-do the game from the ground up. Game needs some serious atmosphere and presentation or it will be boring to play just like 08.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:29 PM   #28
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
It might be special if they totally re-do the game from the ground up. Game needs some serious atmosphere and presentation or it will be boring to play just like 08.
They shouldn't re-do the entire game engine, just add in presentation and continue on fixing the game and giving it more legs. You can tell their trying, they did implement gang tackling along with branching animations and a better momentum engine.

If that interview is correct, it means their dropping the current gen game, meaning that the entire staff will move to the 360 and ps3. With a staff that big and that amount of time to implement features and improve the game engine, we could be in for a treat.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:37 PM   #29
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
...And if I'm not mistaken 2009 is a 'contract year' for EA and the NFL license...
Wasn't the agreement for 5 years though? I don't THINK this is the contract year....I could be wrong though.
I was under the impression that Madden 2010 would be considered the "contract year".
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 02-05-2008, 07:43 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
I'm sorry... it's going to be something ridiculously fluffy. The game is probably just going to be a new paint of coat on 08, and probably sell less than it did last year.
Someone's started drinking early this evening.

Guys,

I am sick and tired of seeing you all jump at every and any opportunity to spew your negativity towards the Madden franchise. I set up the "I have a problem with Madden" thread for a reason. It's because it gets really old when in thread after thread, all it is is a bunch of replies like the ones we have here.

We get it. You're disappointed in Madden. Now move on please.

You know, I'll never get the point of posting your thoughts on something you DON'T like. I don't like soccer, but do you see me jumping in any chance I get in the soccer forum to tell the people there who enjoy it that I think it's a stupid sport? Nope.

My mother once told me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Clearly, many of you were never taught that lesson.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #31
MVP

chicubsfan20's Arena

Can someone post a link to this interview at all?
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2008, 08:37 PM   #32
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Someone's started drinking early this evening.

Guys,

I am sick and tired of seeing you all jump at every and any opportunity to spew your negativity towards the Madden franchise. I set up the "I have a problem with Madden" thread for a reason. It's because it gets really old when in thread after thread, all it is is a bunch of replies like the ones we have here.

We get it. You're disappointed in Madden. Now move on please.

You know, I'll never get the point of posting your thoughts on something you DON'T like. I don't like soccer, but do you see me jumping in any chance I get in the soccer forum to tell the people there who enjoy it that I think it's a stupid sport? Nope.

My mother once told me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Clearly, many of you were never taught that lesson.
It's because so many of the people on this board have an unrelenting need to try and make everyone else feel exactly as they do TJ. Just look at the baseball discussions and how many posters want their game proclaimed as the best and the competition's to fail, despite the negative affect exclusive licensing has had on the football genre.

When it comes to Madden, certain members get oddly upset by the fact that someone else may actually enjoy this game. Honestly, whether they like it or not (and it's been said far too many times), this board represents such an insignificant portion of the consumers who buy and enjoy each installment in this series. Hell, just the other day on ESPN Radio, Shawne Merriman was talking about how much he and all his buddies play Madden and how realistic and representative of the NFL it is. And it's not just Merriman... Almost every pro football player that appears on one of ESPN Radio's shows is asked about Madden, and ALL of them enjoy it. Now who's opinion do you think is EA going to listen to?

Your effort to set up that special Madden hating thread is definitely a good idea... but I don't know if you're ever going to be able to keep any of these threads from eventually heading down the same, overly traveled road.

There are too many narrow minded people, and they all seem to have very, very selective "hearing"...

Last edited by DickDalewood; 02-05-2008 at 08:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »