Home

Madden 09 Will be Special

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Will be Special within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2008, 08:42 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden 09 Will be Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Someone's started drinking early this evening.

Guys,

I am sick and tired of seeing you all jump at every and any opportunity to spew your negativity towards the Madden franchise. I set up the "I have a problem with Madden" thread for a reason. It's because it gets really old when in thread after thread, all it is is a bunch of replies like the ones we have here.

We get it. You're disappointed in Madden. Now move on please.

You know, I'll never get the point of posting your thoughts on something you DON'T like. I don't like soccer, but do you see me jumping in any chance I get in the soccer forum to tell the people there who enjoy it that I think it's a stupid sport? Nope.

My mother once told me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Clearly, many of you were never taught that lesson.

Many people love football games, thus the only next gen football game forum to participate in is the Madden thread. I dont see anything wrong with people posting postive or negative things about Madden, everyone has their own opinion.

Someone posting on topic about Madden in a negative fashion is no different than the same people always posting postive reactions. Seems lately that if you like Madden and speak nice about it, there is nothing wrong. However post something negative and its trolling. It goes both ways you know.

The last 5-8 years has a proven track record to producing hype and no substance. Support all those people that get on their knees and blow the game, but dont try to force your own opinions on others.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:50 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
It's because so many of the people on this board have an unrelenting need to try and make everyone else feel exactly as they do TJ. Just look at the baseball discussions and how many posters want their game proclaimed as the best and the competition's to fail, despite the negative affect exclusive licensing has had on the football genre.

When it comes to Madden, certain members get oddly upset by the fact that someone else may actually enjoy this game. Honestly, whether they like it or not (and it's been said far too many times), this board represents such an insignificant portion of the consumers who buy and enjoy each installment in this series. Hell, just the other day on ESPN Radio, Shawne Merriman was talking about how much he and all his buddies play Madden and how realistic and representative of the NFL it is. And it's not just Merriman... Almost every pro football player that appears on one of ESPN Radio's shows is asked about Madden, and ALL of them enjoy it. Now who's opinion do you think is EA going to listen to?

Your effort to set up that special Madden hating thread is definitely a good idea... but I don't know if you're ever going to be able to keep any of these threads from eventually heading down the same, overly traveled road.

There are too many narrow minded people, and they all seem to have very, very selective "hearing"...

Here is one thing I dont quite get. Some people are very tired of hearing all the negativity regarding one game or the other, but dont you think it swings both directions?

I am just as tired of hearing the non stop praise over and over and over again, as yall are tired of hearing the negativity.

I like seeing everyones perspective on the nature of the game, wether it is good or bad.

Trying to censor out one segments view is wrong though. Constantly following threads around and constantly hyping the game or being overally postive about the game is no different than those that follow threads and post negative aspects.

Both are getting old
Old 02-05-2008, 08:52 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 10

I just thought this is a FORUM where we give our OPINIONS, granted some people just come in and say its a joke blah blah blah. But for people that give reasons as to why they dont like it and have a civil discussion there is no reason why it should not go on. The post with Russell05 should not have been closed, but it seems like anytime someone says something bad about Madden especially when comparing it to a 5 year old game TJ the super mod gets all butt hurt and closes it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
I just thought this is a FORUM where we give our OPINIONS, granted some people just come in and say its a joke blah blah blah. But for people that give reasons as to why they dont like it and have a civil discussion there is no reason why it should not go on. The post with Russell05 should not have been closed, but it seems like anytime someone says something bad about Madden especially when comparing it to a 5 year old game TJ the super mod gets all butt hurt and closes it.
I agree. Even when civil discussions are held regarding the state of Madden (and it's possible direction) these days, the threads get locked because some people offer criticism, some of it well articulated, but no less deserved. If I understand the implied rules correctly, we are allowed to start, or contribute, to as many threads as we want as long as we praise the game.

To be consistent, why not just have three threads and be done with it--one for "I have a problem", one for "I love Madden", and a third for "how-to" questions. That way, the forums will be as sanitized as possible so as not to offend anyone.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:18 PM   #37
Rookie

bvickers223's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Someone's started drinking early this evening.

Guys,

I am sick and tired of seeing you all jump at every and any opportunity to spew your negativity towards the Madden franchise. I set up the "I have a problem with Madden" thread for a reason. It's because it gets really old when in thread after thread, all it is is a bunch of replies like the ones we have here.

We get it. You're disappointed in Madden. Now move on please.

You know, I'll never get the point of posting your thoughts on something you DON'T like. I don't like soccer, but do you see me jumping in any chance I get in the soccer forum to tell the people there who enjoy it that I think it's a stupid sport? Nope.

My mother once told me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Clearly, many of you were never taught that lesson.
The point in posting thoughts on something you don't like, in this case, is simple. If you don't like soccer, you don't have to watch soccer. There is nothing you can do to change soccer into a game that you do enjoy.

If you are an NFL fan, who desires to play a football video game representative of the sport you watch every Sunday for 20 weeks a year, Madden is your only choice. Therefore, forums just like this are the only places one can go to voice their opinion and let people know they are not satisfied.

It only further angers people when they think back to 2004 when 2k5 came out with better game play than Madden for about $40 less. Then EA, instead of trying to create a better game to beat their competition, simply buys an exclusive license to the NFL, essentially monopolizing the football video game market, giving gamers no options.

This leads us to the point we're at today, where you get a game like Madden '08. It's pretty on the exterior but there are so many flaws in the game play it makes a rational person question if anyone could possibly have tested the game before putting it on the market. If you want to play a football game, don't care whether it is actually a simulation, and want a more arcade like experience, it's a great game. But please don't call it an NFL simulation because it is not. Someone earlier mentioned that Shawne Merriman praised Madden for its realism. Merriman just so happens to be the cover boy for the new NFL Tour game by... guess who? EA Sports! Surprise, surprise.

I'm not here to just bash the game and EA Sports, but this will probably come across that way. It's just frustrating to spend close to $70 for a video game (not everyone has that kind of money to throw around) only to get a game that is as disappointing as this game has been.

Just my $.02.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:23 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
...And if I'm not mistaken 2009 is a 'contract year' for EA and the NFL license...If their 20th anniversary celebration isn't incentive enough for them to make a jaw-dropping, next-gen game, then keeping the NFL license definitely will be...
Keeping the NFL exclusive liscense is something EA is not worrying about... AT ALL.

Trust me on that one.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:27 PM   #39
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Some of you guys just don't get it. The last few posts are exactly what TJ was talking about. Those belong in the "I have a problem with Madden" thread.

The issue isn't whether you like the game or don't like the game; praise it or condemn it.

The issue is that every single friggin' thread ends up the same way....just as this one has.

The sooner everyone "get it", the sooner the "butt hurt" mods won't have to continuously lock threads because they've strayed off topic.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if Madden '09 is special or a $60 new roster set because this thread has gone way off topic and it won't be answered here.

Locked.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:26 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

I'm going to trust that you guys can get this back on topic and open things back up. I'm actually enjoying reading you guys' thoughts on how we handle the Madden forums. For the most part, all replies have been mature in nature, and that's all we're asking for.

With that said, we've always had the policy that if you have anything to say regarding the way a moderator is handling a situation, you're more than welcome to voice that opinion to our forum administrator, fishepa, through PM's. Not in the open forum.

With that said, thread reopened. Hopefully, for good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »