Home

Just Some Thoughts About The New Madden '09...

This is a discussion on Just Some Thoughts About The New Madden '09... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2008, 11:12 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Just Some Thoughts About The New Madden '09...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelz1132
honestly it seems that people feel madden will automatically be 100 times better just because a developer is here on the forums.
nah, people just think maybe some things that we care about will be fixed is all

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-29-2008, 11:17 PM   #10
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Well said OP. With the developers being bale to speak to the board it has giving me hope for the future. I haven't even thought about renting or buying madden the past 3 years. I will actually give this year a shot and hopefully next years is where we see a true gem.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:00 AM   #11
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I agree...it's a major move in the right direction to have Madden's Lead game play producer on the boards. And better yet...he's not just simply defending the game, but actually responding to many of our long held concerns. If your lucky enough to have someones ear at EA/TIB...who better than one of the lead producers!

I don't want to get too greedy here, but in the future it sure would be great to have more periodic communications from start to finish in the dev cycle. To have things explained to us as Ian is doing now, sure beats the heck outta hearing the same old tried lines of..."Not this year."...or..."It's on our radar."

If these lines of communication stay open, I believe we have a decent chance for better Madden games to come. And for some old and deep wounds to heal. As long time loyal customers we deserve to be heard...and it seems like at long last, we are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2008, 03:45 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

It's great but EA should have taken these sort of strides years ago. I remember way back when Nfl2k5 came out the developers talked to the community.

I'm hoping this makes some sort of difference in the quality of future madden games. Only time will tell. After buying madden for over 15 years straight I haven't bought it for the past couple years. I actually prefer last-gen madden over it's next gen brother. I was happy to see that it's still coming out on Ps2 this year.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:31 AM   #13
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7

I actually played 2k5 against a friend that came over today, and it really did upset me that they aren't able to make NFL games anymore. I think Madden 09 though may finally make put 2k5 to rest for good (hopefully.)
Old 06-01-2008, 09:18 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IStillDoWhatIDo
we are not asking EA to replicate 2K. We are asking you to replicate real NFL football. We cherish these things because they are in the NFL, not 2k5. 2k5 was just the tool that showed everyone what we were missing.
Whats up Homie...And secondly that comment is REALLY on point.....2K SHOWED us that it is possible, and they ARE Things that we see when we watch a football game on TV....I don't want Madden 2K9, I want Madden 2009 with more features that are tied to the real thing we watch on Sundays and Mondays on the Tube...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »