Home

Franchise Blog?

This is a discussion on Franchise Blog? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2008, 04:55 PM   #33
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Franchise Blog?

"EA not deliver? Thats Un-possible."
Old 07-11-2008, 05:56 PM   #34
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Is the franchise stats all we are going to get...
I'm just guessing but...I think the stats blog may have indeed been it. I would think that if anything else of value was going to come, we would have got it by now. Again...just my guess.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:55 PM   #35
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm kind of new here so I not sure where I should put this, but I came up with a idea cool that could be implemented in Franchise mode, you know how rookie QB come out and the first thing they struggle with is the playbook cause it so demanding, how bout when you when you put in a rookie QB or a inexperience QB in the game some plays are locked meaning you cant you use them cause that player is not familiar with the play, of course the simple plays are open but the more advance once are locked. For them to be unlocked you have to do weekly practices with them and run what play you want to be be familiar with if you run the play right the play is unlocked and is then available during actual games, Of course the starting QBs should already have the playbook unlocked to them cause there experienced.
This should also happen when you change Off coordinators so now it would actually mean something when you hire one. You cant switch playbooks. This is kind of realistic you know when teams pick rookie QBs they dont start till they get a good gripe of the offence. It would show a percentage of how much they no the playbook.

Last edited by kwas676; 07-11-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2008, 08:12 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwas676
I'm kind of new here so I not sure where I should put this, but I came up with a idea cool that could be implemented in Franchise mode, you know how rookie QB come out and the first thing they struggle with is the playbook cause it so demanding, how bout when you when you put in a rookie QB or a inexperience QB in the game some plays are locked meaning you cant you use them cause that player is not familiar with the play, of course the simple plays are open but the more advance once are locked. For them to be unlocked you have to do weekly practices with them and run what play you want to be be familiar with if you run the play right the play is unlocked and is then available during actual games, Of course the starting QBs should already have the playbook unlocked to them cause there experienced.
This should also happen when you change Off coordinators so now it would actually mean something when you hire one. You cant switch playbooks. This is kind of realistic you know when teams pick rookie QBs they dont start till they get a good gripe of the offence. It would show a percentage of how much they no the playbook.
This is a good idea. I'd tweak it a bit. Allow for customizable playbooks and adjust awareness based on the size ie. if you want 700 (an exaggeration) plays in your playbook you can do it but you're QB's awareness will take a hit. Then you can do what real coaches do and bring your rookies along slowly.

I also agree with what someone said about progression - its too uneven. Some players don't progress at all and some progress too much.

A few other things ...

1. More information on the coaches. What was the coaches last team? What are his tendencies? Of course I'm talking about before you hire him.

2. Expand the number of coaches in the game. I've been wanting to hire Russ Grimm for years now and he's never in there. Jim Caldwell has also been mentioned for HC spots but he never shows up in the game either. Even if we can't fill the positional coaches spots on our own team the assistant coaches should be in there because in real life its rare to see an OC move to another OC spot with a different team. More often than not, its a line coach, QB coach, LB coach etc filling a new head coaches coordinators spots. In the same vein (but the pipe dream one), approach a few college coaches (even if its only a half dozen) and attempt to get the rights to their likenesses. I would love to have the ability to hire Charlie Weis or Les Miles.

3. Allow two years of draft picks and fix the value of draft picks. The first part of this should be easy. It was allowed at one time on last gen. Give us two years worth of draft picks and 6 spots for extra picks. Every year some team trades into or out of the first round or any round of the draft by using a pick or picks from the following draft. This is the easiest fix that I'm suggesting. It also helps with the second part of this suggestion. It is too easy to stockpile picks in the draft on Madden. There is a simple formula 3-third round picks = 1st rounder, 3-fourth round picks = 2nd rounder, 3-fifth round picks=3rd rounder. So say I'm picking 15. Based on the real life value chart, I can't get to the number 1 pick by trading my 1st, 2nd and 3rd. In Madden I can by trading my 2nd, 3rd and fourth. So now I have the first pick in the draft. I slide down to #3 and pick up an extra 3rd and 5th (in real life I should be getting a 2nd and 3rd for that move down) but anyway - I then go from 3 to 6 and pick up another 3rd and 5th. I trade my 3-5ths for a third and then the three 3-3rds for the 1st pick in the draft again and a fourth round pick. So essentially, you give up a 2nd and a 3rd and you get two firsts and move up in the fourth round. Its too easy to virtually get whatever pick you want without giving up anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »