Home

Should Madden cost $60?

This is a discussion on Should Madden cost $60? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Should Madden cost $60?

Madden is in development for only a year and cost $60 every year where as other games are development for 3-4+ years and cost the same price. Is that fair? Personally I think they should release Madden every other year and they could use DLC for roster updates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Should Madden cost $60?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
Madden is in development for only a year and cost $60 every year where as other games are development for 3-4+ years and cost the same price. Is that fair? Personally I think they should release Madden every other year and they could use DLC for roster updates.
It should cost whatever people are willing to pay...if you don't like it, you can either not buy it or start your own company to provide a better deal....beauty of the free markets!

Was Guitar Hero worth $100 or Rock Band worth $180? Depends on what you are willing to spend...

Are "special editions" worth $70, $80 or $100? Again, personal buying decision...the companies are going to sell whatever they can...
Old 06-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
so what you are saying is that all sports games should either be released every other year or be cheaper than $60.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-21-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Well me I feel like the game is always been worth there asking price,even though we my not like 1 or 2 of the games they put out.But overall EA has giving us all things in the games to remember,So with this game I'm going to spend my 60 plus dollars because I feel like I've always felt.And thats sooner then later EA is going to get it right and make these games into the most realistic games on the market.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:36 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Simple question...

Pretend you are CEO of EASPORTS. Would you sell it every year or every other year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

I look at it this way: I spend $60 on something that will give me hundreds of hours of enjoyment for an entire year.

I can easily spend $60 in 1 night at the bar and all I get for that is a hangover.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:28 PM   #7
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
It should cost whatever people are willing to pay...if you don't like it, you can either not buy it or start your own company to provide a better deal....beauty of the free markets!

Was Guitar Hero worth $100 or Rock Band worth $180? Depends on what you are willing to spend...

Are "special editions" worth $70, $80 or $100? Again, personal buying decision...the companies are going to sell whatever they can...
We all know this. But let's be real, and this goes for EVERY sports game, they are ripping us big time.

In any case, I cringe when I hear developers say that some other games "had 3 years to develop" knowing full and well that they cost the same.

Bottomline, no sports game is worth 60 bucks.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 06-21-2008, 05:52 PM   #8
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

IMO sports games (good ones anyway) are a GREAT value at $60. Throw out dev time for a minute and think of how much playing time you get from a good sports game compared to other genres. For FPS's, RPG's, etc. I usually play through once or maybe twice then I'm done. Sure there are some games with good online that keep me playing like Cod4 but not most. A deep franchise mode I can play a sports game all year round.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »