Home

David Tyree Catch?

This is a discussion on David Tyree Catch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2008, 10:28 PM   #25
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: David Tyree Catch?

But, then the Lb or Cb goes through the same motions as the Superbowl. It better not animate both players the same way ever time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #26
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpq12
Lame. Really lame. A once in a career catch by a 5th receiver. I'm kinda pretty disappointed.
lol...I'm really amused by responses such as this. Many spend countless hours on these forums bi*ching about what isn't in the game and how they should include as much "reality" as possible. Then something is included that is extremely rare (obviously in this case and people get up in arms about it being included. As long as it's not common, I have no problem with it at all. I don't even care if I see it attempted once every few games...again, as long as its not common. Funny thing is we wonder why EA seems to add/subtract features at random...

...look no further
Old 08-01-2008, 11:24 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

for big catches there should be a feature when your in a bad position or double, triple coveraged it brings you to a cinematic mode and you have to press a bunch of button in the sequence that come up. but they should flash the button quick so its harder to pull off hard catches. you can put the whole catching rating into effect too. if your player has a better catching rating the button sequence will be either shorter or slower and the reciever with the low rating would either be longer or faster.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:35 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukerock12
for big catches there should be a feature when your in a bad position or double, triple coveraged it brings you to a cinematic mode and you have to press a bunch of button in the sequence that come up. but they should flash the button quick so its harder to pull off hard catches. you can put the whole catching rating into effect too. if your player has a better catching rating the button sequence will be either shorter or slower and the reciever with the low rating would either be longer or faster.
I don't think that would work that well. First of all, how would a human controlled player defend the pass? Secondly, in no time people would master the button sequence. Your idea while creative isn't really pratical in a football sim.

It would be better in a game like NFL Street imo.

Catching should be based on a players catching ability, jumping, and postion and timing of the catch. Wrs should almost never catch the ball in double or triple coverage unless the conditions are good and the receiver is an all-pro like moss. Even less often for players like tyree who probably will only make a catch like that in his lifetime.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:27 AM   #29
Rookie

AftershockFx's Arena

OVR: 6

Having this catch in the game is a joke period. It's nice to see "newer" animations but, this is VERY unrealistic.
MLB: Pittsburgh Pirates
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
Old 08-02-2008, 03:27 AM   #30
All Star

OVR: 33

Wow.

This is a nice addition to the game. I don't see how this could be bad in anyway.

Obviously, the animation will occur very rarely.

Yeh its unrealistic, because it happened in real life?
Old 08-02-2008, 04:38 AM   #31
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Wow.

This is a nice addition to the game. I don't see how this could be bad in anyway.

Obviously, the animation will occur very rarely.

Yeh its unrealistic, because it happened in real life?

ONCE.... and only ONCE.... since I have been living, not five times in a game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2008, 04:52 AM   #32
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

I have yet to see this catch..I'm waiting lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »