Home

Solution to running....

This is a discussion on Solution to running.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2008, 09:26 AM   #65
Rookie

rallew's Arena

OVR: 2
Icon14 Re: Solution to running....

Have you guys practiced the "lead blocker" feature? I did that several hours yesterday and i must say that it has worked wonders for my running game.

What i do is usually control a LT, RT, FB or TE. I have experienced, that going for the pancake or cut block right after the snap will sometimes create huge running roles if you succeed.

Keep in mind that it does not work 100% of the time, but i have seen significant results running with Steve Slaton behind the Texans offensive line, which is terrible at run blocking.

When using your FB you should always anticipate which defensive player might go unblocked and try to find a way to get to him before he gets into the backfield.

Sometimes when lead blocking with your FB, you should watch if the DE on either side will shed his initial block and then make your FB do an extra effort to knock him down. That can sometimes make huge loss into a gain of some kind. Don't expect 15-20+ yards every time you do this, but if you are able to roughly pick out the unblocked defensive player, you should see success in the long run.

Just my contribution, hope it helps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 09:29 AM   #66
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Solution to running....

I've had 4-5 straight games of my back getting at least 100 yards rushing on at least 4 ypc.

And my settings are 45 run block, 45 broken tackles and 30 fumbles.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 08-21-2008, 09:36 AM   #67
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
I just played a guy who ran it almost every play, I quit after three qtrs.
LOL are you serious? That is on you man. I personally have the FG block formation as an audible for these moments. Give it a shot next time.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:57 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 13

im sick of online.....me and my friend cant run to save our lives online......it makes u 1 dimensional and ruins the experience.......
Old 08-21-2008, 10:38 AM   #69
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeah, the run game has me re-thinking my purchase. I was thinking about waiting to get the game, but I could not have foreseen this as a problem, weird. I really need to start picking up this game used as it's usually not playable until it's patched in October. Hmm.....

Oh, and has anyone else found the juke useless?

Last edited by cdon2k; 08-21-2008 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #70
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
No, you just have to make sure you're doing it with a speedy/agile back and you have to press the R-Stick a little earlier than in last-gen Madden. This is the first nex-gen Madden I've played so I'm not sure if it's different from '06-'08.

If you're having that much trouble breaking tackles then adjust a few sliders. People always complain about sliders being ineffective in sports games, in Madden they are very effective. If you max out your run sliders it's pretty much impossible for the CPU to tackle you one-on-one.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-21-2008, 02:46 PM   #71
Rookie

Titus001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Yeah, the run game has me re-thinking my purchase. I was thinking about waiting to get the game, but I could not have foreseen this as a problem, weird. I really need to start picking up this game used as it's usually not playable until it's patched in October. Hmm.....

Running the ball on all madden is useless. Running the ball is just useless in this game. Even the ai on all madden can't run the ball. Imagine how ****ty the ai offense would be if it did not have the robo qb.

Last edited by Titus001; 08-21-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #72
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
LOL are you serious? That is on you man. I personally have the FG block formation as an audible for these moments. Give it a shot next time.
go figure

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »