Home

Ian Let's install a Good and Diverse TEAM Blitz System

This is a discussion on Ian Let's install a Good and Diverse TEAM Blitz System within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2008, 04:28 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Ian Let's install a Good and Diverse TEAM Blitz System

Excellent post man - Also the atmosphere in the Ravens vid should also be implemented. The crowd was into the game and reacted to the hit and INT.

Good stuff.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:37 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 32

Just hire lb as a consultant. Good stuff.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:29 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Just hire lb as a consultant. Good stuff.
I 2nd that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2008, 07:46 PM   #36
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Awesome stuff once again.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:00 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

Great ideas but I can't help but sound a little off-topic here, look how many times you mentioned 2k football. It really is a shame because I can't help but think atleast half of the things you mentioned we would already be seeing

Old 10-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
Great ideas but I can't help but sound a little off-topic here, look how many times you mentioned 2k football. It really is a shame because I can't help but think atleast half of the things you mentioned we would already be seeing
Some of the ideas are there, but there are many ideas here that not even 2k had (although some probably would have made it), such as auto-motion defense, explosiveness, 14 different stunt tactics (although some were in 2k), ect.,

Anyways, I just thought about something else. When incorporating line stunts, I have already talked about aiming points, but EA needs to make sure that with line stunts such as Twists, with the DT's and Tackle Out/End In and End In Tackle Out, they need to make sure that there is always a penetrator and a looper. One guys primary job is to penetrate, the other is to loop. This needs to be understood on line twists as well as blitzes and other stunts. Sometimes a players job is not to get to the QB, but to penetrate and create space for another defender to get to the QB.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:05 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Anyways, I just thought about something else. When incorporating line stunts, I have already talked about aiming points, but EA needs to make sure that with line stunts such as Twists, with the DT's and Tackle Out/End In and End In Tackle Out, they need to make sure that there is always a penetrator and a looper. One guys primary job is to penetrate, the other is to loop. This needs to be understood on line twists as well as blitzes and other stunts. Sometimes a players job is not to get to the QB, but to penetrate and create space for another defender to get to the QB.

This is something I am waiting to see implemented better. There are countless times when I am controlling a LB pre-snap and know that my opponent is running the ball.. Most times I know where they are running the ball. If I completely sell out for the run play and take on the first blocker, one of my CPU defenders should be free. Another good one LBz.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:25 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGmen56
LBzrule, Excellent post man, just excellent..

The problem with all this is, I seriously don't think EA has Dev's that understand let alone make those things happen.. Hell I don't think they even have anyone with your level of thinking about football.. Thats where they fall short.. To MANY things wrong with Madden Football that prove my theory correct.. The game needs a complete overhaul seriously.. plain and simple.. Good luck Ian on trying to Fix things for next year...
Agreed 100%. While all of these suggestions are EXCELLENT and needed to make this game be what we're looking ofr, sadly, I just don't see this happening.

There's a HUGE difference between being football FANS and truly understanding the complexities of the game. Madden is (and likely always WILL be) for the casual fan...people who enjoy football and like to emulate what little they really understand of what they see on Sunday (mainly the highlights).

I don't pretend to be a football guru by any means...but even with my limited understanding of the game, I can see the glaring flaws in the gameplay.

However, MANY of the Madden fans think the game is "just fine" as it is and only need some minor tuneups to be a true "sim". Heck, some even call it a sim NOW! So, odds are about a million to one that we'll ever see any REAL change to the fundamental Madden game we see today....sadly. But, we can dream.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »