Home

Rebuilding A Franchise

This is a discussion on Rebuilding A Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2008, 08:14 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Rebuilding A Franchise

I tried the Raiders, after year 1 (made playoffs) like in real life needed a 1 receiver for the Russell as I was unable to get deep with the current receivers. I traded D. Hall for Calvin Johnson which has made a huge difference in year 2, that and the fact I have been able to run with McFadden this season. ( over 1200yds thru 12 games vs 700 all of last season)
Old 11-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #10
Rookie

y2j469's Arena

OVR: 3

The Raiders have a decent core group of players to build around but theres a few below average ones with massive contracts that youre stuck with unless you wanna kill your salary cap. Lions QB Drew Stanton almost always jumps to atleast a 80 overall after a year if you want to go that route.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:14 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 16

ive started to do 1 with the dolphins. traded away ricky williams and wilford for the cards 2nd third and 4th pick after yr 1 i traded pennington for greg olsen since i drafted pat white. actually really fun to try and rebuild

2K sports...the only place where such things as errors can be "over looked" while making a baseball game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2008, 01:41 PM   #12
Rookie

Thanks for all the responses.. I agree dome teams aren't as fun sometimes. I've been thinking about the Chiefs to roll with, who'd you start Thigpen or Croyle? Thought about the Lions too be nice if Daunte was on there though.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivrant
who'd you start Thigpen or Croyle?
I don't know, I think I would go with Croyle at first and see how he does. But I would definitely draft a QB in the draft. Are you exporting the draft from NCAA 09? If so, I'd go after Chase Daniel or Matt Stafford.

I'm going to start the Chiefs after I'm done with my third Arizona season.

The Chiefs are a big, big, project. They need WR's, QB, and possibly a whole new Defense. It's a tough task. If you decide to do them, keep us posted on the moves you made and what not.

Last edited by tj1182; 11-04-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:34 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 12

Try rebuilding a "cupcake" created team. I made a cupcake team and they started out as a 55 Overall. My best players were a TE (75 OVR), my starting QB (70 OVR), and my LGs (70, 70, and 68 OVR). It was kind of weird because all 4 of my DEs had a 95 rating in Finesse Moves, and all of them went up to 99 after the first year.

One upside to having a team of terrible players, almost ALL of them went up by +5/6 for the first 2 years. With good drafting (and trading for Draft picks) you can go from a team that goes 0-16 to Superbowl Champions after 3 years. (records: 2008-9 0-16, 2009-10 1-15, 2010-11 6-10, 2011-12 13-3).
Old 11-04-2008, 10:19 PM   #15
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17

It's too hard to do this in Madden. The skill level of the player overrides any deficencies of the team. I started out my season with the chiefs and beat the patriots first game of the season. It doesn't seem that the players on the teams skills really have too much bearing on the games, more how good the user is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2008, 02:14 PM   #16
Rookie

Just started a Chiefs a few days ago and so far we are 2-1 on the season, defeated New England 35-28 in first game in a close game. Thigpen beat Croyle out for the starting QB job and has done well so far and has been utilizing his speed to get out of pocket. Second game vs. Raiders pulled it out 23-17 in an ugly one lost to Falcons last game couldn't slow down Turner that well, fell to them 28-24. Our d has played pretty well considering all the rookie's we are playing. Just thought I'd let ya know how its going. Take it easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »