Home

Rebuilding A Franchise

This is a discussion on Rebuilding A Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2008, 06:48 PM   #17
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Rebuilding A Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
I liked rebuilding the Lions. Calvin can be the cornerstone of an explosive aerial attack. QBs are easy to draft assuming you have a top 5 pick and there's a ton of depth at OL in most drafts. Ernie Sims is a versatile OLB that worked for me when I converted them to a 3-4 defense. It basically is a team devoid of talent. Just get aggressive in free agency.
I also went with the Lions...

I have developed Stanton into an 84 OVR in a season and a half and also got Kevin Smith up to an 81, so they, along with Johnson, a WR I dafted before season two (Furry in the slot) are working for me...

Stanton is fun b/c he's got the 'rocket arm' weapon and can run and throw on the run...rolls out nicely and you can take off with him if the pass D plays too deep...

I also drafted a decent RG and got a slight upgrade at RT...

On D, before year two, I got a DT in FA and moved Redding to DE...

Saw that backup MLB Davis was progressing, so he went first to starting LOLB to starting at ROLB, due to a season ending INJ to Sims in Week 7 of year two...

I also drafted a SS that is a 90 OVR, who is a gamechanger b/c in Madden, they usually lead the team in tackles and have improved my pass D a lot...

I went 9-7 in year one, missed the playoffs due to a 3 game losing streak at the end of the season...

I then fired Marinelli, hired Shottenheimer, traded Williams to Dallas and am now tied for second in the NFC North at 4-3 in year two...

It's one of the most fun 'chises I've ever run and expect that I'll actually make it to year three, when if I don't win it all, I'll fire myself and go play some 2k Hoops or be ready for the next installment of The Show

Last edited by KingV2k3; 11-08-2008 at 06:52 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

2-3 now on this Chiefs I started recently. Lost a rough game vs. Broncos in which Thigpen turned the ball over several times couldn't get too much going. Came up short in overtime next time in Carolina lost 34-31 on a turnover in overtime. We might be looking for a QB First Round got imported draft class. Thigpen and Croyle dont seem like the future guys for us. Might post stats so far in a game or two.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:05 PM   #19
Banned

BLBxLakers24's Arena

OVR: 4

The Dolphins are really good.. You have got pennington, ronnie, williams, gin, and a solid O-Line.. I traded some players and got Dante Stallworth.. The D is solid..

and they have tons of cap to rebuild..
Old 11-09-2008, 10:42 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

See, with the Dolphins there isn't as much to rebuild. Pennington such an incredibly usable QB, the O-line is as already mentioned solid, and Ronnie is the cornerstone of years of a good running game. The D is more of a project with its leader, Joey Porter, well into his 30s.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:48 PM   #21
Banned

BLBxLakers24's Arena

OVR: 4

Well I traded Chad away for Jason campbell.. Couldnt stand Chads weak arm..

I signed Ty Law.

Traded for Stallworth and used some of the bum recievers they had.. And I picked up Kyle willams DT from the bills..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2008, 12:00 AM   #22
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

While I wait for the best roster update (I have to wait for the best roster update for the Falcons, if they don't improve too much right now I won't use my 2 day Xbox Live Gold trial for the updates), I'll do a realistic sim franchise rebuilding either Oakland, Miami, or Kansas City. Probably Oakland though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »