Home

EA’s NFL license exclusivity in danger

This is a discussion on EA’s NFL license exclusivity in danger within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-06-2009, 11:08 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 35
Re: EA’s NFL license exclusivity in danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8204
Ironic that EA may lose its exclusive deal with the NFL right when it seemed like the developers were getting their act together. Do you guys think this is just a coincidence or could there be something more to it? Do you think they knew that the !@#$ might hit the fan and they better start putting together a better game because they may have competition again soon?

Thats a really good question. That may be the case actually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2009, 11:35 PM   #66
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

I hope it happens. It NEEDS to happen for us. EVERYONE knows that competition leads to better games.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:11 AM   #67
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I hope it happens. It NEEDS to happen for us. EVERYONE knows that competition leads to better games.
I dont think you guys get it, This lawsuit will not end NFL exclusivity. No judge will rule that the NFL does not have the right to make their own business decisions. One way or another, There will only be one developer for a NFL video game.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:57 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Right now judging from APF, I don't think 2K is as capable of producing a great football game as they were a generation ago. Something happened to that team after the license situation, they were still talking about it in interviews about APF. It really hit them hard. Their skills have diminished, they're just not what they used to be. APF was such a sloppy game, I couldn't believe it. It just lacked so much polish.
huh? It has by far the best gameplay that a football has ever had. ITs not even close either. While i loved NFL2K5, APF's on the field game was so so so much better.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:37 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I dont think you guys get it, This lawsuit will not end NFL exclusivity. No judge will rule that the NFL does not have the right to make their own business decisions. One way or another, There will only be one developer for a NFL video game.
Exactly. The NFL doesnt have to let more than one company have rights. Its their rights to do with as they see fit
Old 03-07-2009, 07:16 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
huh? It has by far the best gameplay that a football has ever had. ITs not even close either. While i loved NFL2K5, APF's on the field game was so so so much better.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that, I prefer 2K5 and to me no other game has come close to matching its level of intensity on the field, fun factor on the field or the number adjustments that can be made to make the game feel like your own. And of course there's that legendary presentation.

There is no right or wrong with this though, what's better is a matter of opinion.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:25 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
That's true but the hope (and it's a slim one) is that a victory for American Needle would make companies with an interest against the EA/NFL deal recognize it and challenge that deal. I'd bet the farm on a challenge happening if American Needle somehow comes out on top. That doesn't mean that the EA/NFL will be stopped, but at least there would be a fight. The way I look at it is, even though EA and the NFL are within their legal rights with the deal itself, what it's done to the genre is certainly criminal, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2009, 10:09 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
i posted about this earlier in the thread, and got zero response to it. To me, thats the most interesting and sad(for EA)thing i've read in awhile. That right there IMO, shows EA was either scared of Take Twos APF franchise, or are insanely selfish with them being the only developer to have anything with the NFL in their games. But it just shows the greed and coruption thats going on behind the scenes. Who knows if 2k even had a shot at the exclusive liscense when it was up for sale? Who knows if the NFL was the one that even decided it wanted only one developer? You never know with B.S. like the above article going on. I have said it a thousand times, and will keep saying it, all i want is a CHOICE on a football game. And apf gave me a choice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »