Home

Keep adaptive AI out of On-line!

This is a discussion on Keep adaptive AI out of On-line! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Keep adaptive AI out of On-line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsilvano21
yea stop bi*chi*g about the adaptive AI cuz u cant stop it from being in the game.......plus cover 3, are u serious??? horrible example. Thats like the easiest play to pass against.
Whats a hard play to pass against?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Years past ask madden was purely random. At least now it will give some sound advice against someone who is running the same play/route over and over.
Did he mention taht in the blog? I don't recall, but that would be great if ask madden was actually based on something other than randomness.

Quote:
I have your mom go down on me instead

Now that was a little uncalled for but so was your response to a decent comment.
Don't mind him, those are the only responses he seems capable of making... it really goes a long way into defining his character.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #106
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
I'm all for that type of thing... although I'm not sure what you mean by "CP"... but if you are referring to the play call screen? like ask madden type of thing?

I think teaching is great, and educating people that are not very familiar with football is always a plus. I fear that adaptive AI won't help with that though, when in reality it might hurt. I hope that Adaptive AI is not so powerful that it will make people think that they did a good thing, when in fact they might've selected an ill advised play all along...

I mean I don't think its going to change things much probably, we have no way of knowing that until we get the game... I just think its an off-line thing designed to make playing the CPU a little more entertaining.
CP=computer I forgot the U lol

And yes the ask madden/play call screen is what I was refering to. It very well may not help people in the long term but for the casual gamer it is a plus. For the Hardcore gamer if they pick a play that was suggested and it works they would pick up on how to stop things on thier own. It might be nice to add in a summary of the Adpative AI that went to work and what it was ment to stop after the game so people could learn that way.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:04 PM   #107
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Wow. I was kidding dude. I am not on CapnKill's team on this one.

Wow...
My bad, I thought you were being serious. Hard to tell online ya know.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #108
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
My bad, I thought you were being serious. Hard to tell online ya know.
I really need to start using more smileys...
Old 04-10-2009, 06:06 PM   #109
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
I really need to start using more smileys...
They do help lol
Old 04-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #110
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Whats a hard play to pass against?

Did he mention taht in the blog? I don't recall, but that would be great if ask madden was actually based on something other than randomness.

Don't mind him, those are the only responses he seems capable of making... it really goes a long way into defining his character.

Input: QB scramble outside tackles 3+ times for 5+ yards
Output 1: Defensive hot route: defensive end to flats
Output 2: Defensive play call: Boost to QB spy plays
Output 3: Defensive hot route: corner blitz on scrambling side

I may be reading into it more then I thought but thats how I took it.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #111
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
CP=computer I forgot the U lol

And yes the ask madden/play call screen is what I was refering to. It very well may not help people in the long term but for the casual gamer it is a plus. For the Hardcore gamer if they pick a play that was suggested and it works they would pick up on how to stop things on thier own. It might be nice to add in a summary of the Adpative AI that went to work and what it was ment to stop after the game so people could learn that way.
That would be great, as long as it was accurate Whatever steps Madden can take into teaching the game of football would be good ones. I think they've made this effort but usually its kinda burried in menu options that no one really bothers to check. They need to somehow implement these teachings during game play somehow, but not to make it too intrusive. Its a very delicate thing to do... but yeah if you asked Madden maybe he can say... hey, your opponent has completed 10 passes in the flats in the first quarter, you should probably try a Cover 2 zone, or something along those lines... that would be cool.

Teach the people football concepts, and what is a good play to call to defend what areas of the field... but making their individual AI players do something extra is too hidden and wont' really teach anyone anything.... like I said, I really feel this is like "auto catchup" in racing games, although I feel that the better player will probably still win.

It would just be nice, if perhaps both parties agreed, to have the ability to turn this off... at least for on-line leagues where the entire league can decide... remember, customization!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 06:09 PM   #112
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsilvano21
yea stop bi*chi*g about the adaptive AI cuz u cant stop it from being in the game.......plus cover 3, are u serious??? horrible example. Thats like the easiest play to pass against.
I say cover 3 because it is the most commen zone called this year, do you understand....And Right now im giving you credit for being a smart madden gamer even though everyone is calling me a cheeser without even playing me but i will make 1 more point...... A cover 3 isnt made to stop curl routes by the outside WRs......Becuz the CBs are in Deep thirds...BUT the cover 3 WILL stop curl routes by the outside WRs if there are NO flat routes called, the OLBs will sit on the curls........BUT the cover 3 CANT stop curl routes if there ARE flat routes because the CBs are in deep thirds and the OLBs MUST respect the flat routes.......THERE is where KNOWING THE GAME COMES IN TO PLAY......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »