Home

Madden NFL 10 Full Rookie Ratings File

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Full Rookie Ratings File within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2009, 02:16 PM   #113
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: All Rookie Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
I dont konw about you guys, but these ratings in my opinion dont conform to what i remembe beng a rethought ratings scale. I still se some guys with ratings that are a bit out of order or a bit too high.

Perfect example is leasean McCoy. He was considered the slowest RB out the bunch and didnt run well at all in the offseason but he has a 92 in spd. All of the top DEs have 80 in spd even though most of them were not considered edge rusher types. Maybin and English were widely considered the most explosive rush ends. The only Ends with over 80 spd should prolly be Micheal Johnson and Maybin.

It does seem to be in effect for corners and WRs though. However their route running and coverage stats seem a bit skewed.

Overall i think these ratings need a lot of work, or i will be doing a lot of teaking
Everette Brown (FSU DE drafted by Panthers) was considered a top 10 talent as a pass rusher...therefore I believe he deserves a pretty decent speed (ie 80ish).

I agree that these ratings weren't as "stretched" as I was hoping...but that might change by release.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:18 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 12
So Underwood should not have a speed rating SEVEN POINTS lower than Maclin. Maybe 1 or 2 points at the most. And speed ratings should be equal all around.

So for ppl like Barwin and Wells, their speed ratings should be identical. Wells should actually be slower and be an 86 speed bc he isnt THAT fast and Barwin should also be an 86. Michael Johnson should have an 84 or 83 rating bc he is at least a step slower than Barwin, but he should have better acceleration than Connor bc Connor was a TE when he first got to college, so he should have a better speed rating, but lower quickness bc of Johnson's explosiveness when the ball is snapped.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:23 PM   #115
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden NFL 10 Full Rookie Ratings File

Todd, now you are reading way too much into measurables at the combine, instead of how fast players play on the field. RBs tend to have much more breakaway speed than most linemen. Just because Barwin had coached himself into running a fast 40 doesn't mean he could keep up with Wells in the open field...maybe he could, I don't really know...but you can't say "Player A ran a 4.2, while Player B ran a 4.5...why is Player B better?" A lot goes into making the ratings...I can only imagine the film/stats Donny has to scrutinize in order to project the ratings from real life to a game with finite increments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #116
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Can anyone tell me what the Bears rookies are rated?

Thanks
Old 04-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #117
MVP

OVR: 13

ITT People get butthurt over their new draftees having *gasp* rookie ratings.

Listen people. Donny knows what he's doing. This is a new system. We are not the ones handing out these ratings, playtesting them, and knowing they work as they should. Donny, the guy giving these ratings and playtesting them knowing they work as they should, is.

It really just looks as if people are still used to the old Madden formula of overrated overall ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »