Home

PC Users - Would you purchase Madden 2010 or 2011 on the PC?

This is a discussion on PC Users - Would you purchase Madden 2010 or 2011 on the PC? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: PC Users - Would you purchase Madden 2010 or 2011 on the PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arden_05
Exactly its the preferred platform for many people. I can't bring consoles everywhere I go, it makes no sense. This is why I play Madden 08 PC on my laptop, and I would like to play Madden 10 on my laptop as well. PC's are like gaming consoles for grownups, you can game pretty much anywhere and still be taken seriously..lol..
Plus the power and relative good pricing of laptops make PC football such a nice option. I can load up our Franchise file at work and take care of weekly chores maintaining the league. I can do draft edits making the rookies like the real NFL rooks based on combine results and college stats, and even find pics of players in action and get their face right and the stuff they wear (visor, wrist bands, etc). Our PC drafts are the best event of the season IMO. We typically have 90% of the ownership present and most stay all 7 rounds.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:43 PM   #90
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Never been a big Madden console guy, but I would def buy for the pc due to the mod possibilities and the fact that I spend alot more time at my pc than trying to fight with my kids for the console.

Still play a bunch of titles on the pc...wish Madden was one of them. 08 wasn't bad, but did not hold my interest due to a few fatal flaws and overall look.

Hope to see Madden back on pc again soon.

C
Check out Madden 08 on the PC again and use TEXMOD. It's a huge upgrade to the graphics. You'll love it.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:30 PM   #91
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

Are there any TEXMOD bundles? Like where you can get the whole league redone. Also is there anywhere to see pictures of the game after using TEXMOD?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #92
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearbornDolfan
Cheap? Do you have any idea how expensive a good gaming computer is? I dropped $3400 on my present computer, received it in Feb of 04 and it would still eat a 360 alive. My next computer is for sure and certain going to cost in the neighborhood of $6k.

And to answer Mike's question, I would say yes. But only if the graphics were at an acceptable quality level for a PC. No more crappy *** ports, give me the real deal.
Here's the problem with PC gaming. And, BTW, I used to be all PC until 2004. Too many configs to try and cover. They went through all of this on the Fifa boards this year when all the high-end guys complained about Fifa09 PC looking and playing like crap. Simply put, most people have E-machines or Dells that have budget-level horsepower. This is the ones they have to design for. Not the Alienware or XPS guys. Then you have to have it where you can run your game on multiple configs, which leads to many stability issues.

I was so glad that NFL2k5 finally made me buy an Xbox. I got so tired of tweaking .ini files and drivers and trying to squeeze enough juice out of my PC to get a good framerate. Last game I bought for PC was MVP2004. Mods were awesome and some of the .ini tweaks ended up making the game a great experience. But this gen, there's no way I'd go through all of the headaches. The games are just too good compared to the last-gen rehashes they put out. They won't spend the money because they won't make it back. There just aren't enough high-end jobs like yours to really spend the money to bring new tech that the PC games need to compete with the consoles. Good luck, but I'm just not seeing it....

Edit: I lied! I bought Fifa07 for PC because of the CEP mods. That was fun, but Fifa08 put that series to bed for me, as well.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 05-10-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #93
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOLFANMIKE
Check out Madden 08 on the PC again and use TEXMOD. It's a huge upgrade to the graphics. You'll love it.
Not familiar with it. What could it do to enhance 08 on the pc? What is the intent of the tool?

C
Old 05-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #94
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Here's the problem with PC gaming. And, BTW, I used to be all PC until 2004. Too many configs to try and cover. They went through all of this on the Fifa boards this year when all the high-end guys complained about Fifa09 PC looking and playing like crap. Simply put, most people have E-machines or Dells that have budget-level horsepower. This is the ones they have to design for. Not the Alienware or XPS guys. Then you have to have it where you can run your game on multiple configs, which leads to many stability issues.

I was so glad that NFL2k5 finally made me buy an Xbox. I got so tired of tweaking .ini files and drivers and trying to squeeze enough juice out of my PC to get a good framerate. Last game I bought for PC was MVP2004. Mods were awesome and some of the .ini tweaks ended up making the game a great experience. But this gen, there's no way I'd go through all of the headaches. The games are just too good compared to the last-gen rehashes they put out. They won't spend the money because they won't make it back. There just aren't enough high-end jobs like yours to really spend the money to bring new tech that the PC games need to compete with the consoles. Good luck, but I'm just not seeing it....

Edit: I lied! I bought Fifa07 for PC because of the CEP mods. That was fun, but Fifa08 put that series to bed for me, as well.....
<3 CEP

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:10 PM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 2

is it worth pm'ing one of the ea guys for any official word on pc madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2009, 11:26 AM   #96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead
Are there any TEXMOD bundles? Like where you can get the whole league redone. Also is there anywhere to see pictures of the game after using TEXMOD?
Yes, there are. I'll post some pics I saw recently. They show a clear difference, however I will say that the look of my games since I started using it looks even better than these pics. There do let you ee the better color tones, textures, and especially authentic colored shoes. Notice even the bottom of the shoes are the real deal.

2k8 NFL

From a 2k8 PC NCAA Madden league

Last edited by DOLFANMIKE; 05-11-2009 at 01:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »