Home

Kerry Collins

This is a discussion on Kerry Collins within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2009, 03:35 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Kerry Collins

Hence why I said usually.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:15 AM   #18
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimSham
How long does he need? He's entering his 4th year in the league and has made little or no progress.
He hasn't been in a meaningful game for a long time, who knows what progress has or hasn't been made. 07 wasn't a great season for him but he certainly made some progress as a passer from his rookie season.

As for those mentioning OROY, he got it because he had 19 TD's and some very veteran like finishes to win games. Any rookie QB who does that = OROY most years.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:29 AM   #19
Banned

Hopefully he could mature into a similar guy Steve McNair was.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:02 AM   #20
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

So in reading these posts I forgot the original point of the post and had to go back and read the OP. lol ha. Anyway 2 things. First I have a post about the favre and vick situations. Second(the original point) I hope Kitna is decent in 10 because he's the backup for Romo. With this new injury feature I plan to be more realistic with managing my injuries. Or should I say I don't plan on hitting reset if an important players get hurt,lol. Yes I'm guilty! lol. Anyway I would be challenged to play with Kitna as my starter for several games, so I would like to see some "decent" backups. Sage Rossenfels, T. Jackson, V. Young, M. Linheart(although I heard he's rated pretty low), B.Volek, T.Green(although I think he might retire?) Umm.... Thats all the ok/decent backups I can think of.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:56 AM   #21
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14
Hmmm let's see rookie of the year, pro bowl, took his team to the playoffs..in his first two years. Did take a step back yes no doubt he did. Fish made a decision as coach to start kerry and it worked out pretty well I think. Now vy had a year to sit n watch like a lot of productive qbs ib the league have. So well see how it works. I'm real excited that the injury system alone brings that strategic element to madden now. This means fatigue has to be a factor for other positions as well and quality and veteran backups are key to a winning team in franchise. This alone has me hyped for august.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 10:49 AM   #22
Banned

kitna can play in this league, its too bad his past teams have been the old bungles and the lions.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:17 PM   #23
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite_speed
Hopefully he could mature into a similar guy Steve McNair was.
Fisher drafted McNair and let him watch for about two season's behind Chris Chandler. Hopefully, Vince will grow up and learn something from Collins this year. I wonder what Vince's rating's will look like this year? It should be quite interesting to see the descrepincies from the starter's to the back ups. I'm can't wait for all the "change rating for player x" threads. :sarcasm:

As far as Vick goes, I hope he's not in the game (as a FA) until he actually gets signed by a team. I'm sure the Raiders/Lions will take a chance with that PR nightmare. I know they have QB's but, I can't really think of any other team's that would sign him; well, maybe the 49ers.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:26 PM   #24
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

As far as the VY debate...you don't draft a player as high as you do Vince Young, let him play for two years as the starter with no competition, and then bench him in favor of an old "game manager" (as Collins was described when he first took the starting job). That to me says that they now know Vince was nowhere near ready to start in the NFL. Maybe after he sits for another year and REALLY watches the game, and isn't just sitting there saying "Hey, I get paid, and I don't have to play! Woohoo!" then he might amount to a good QB...as of right now, he's merely decent. I'd still take Jake Delhomme (even with 6 turnovers) over him...

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »