Home

Kerry Collins

This is a discussion on Kerry Collins within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2009, 12:27 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Kerry Collins

After reading the injury blog(which I am ecstatic about by the way)..I thought about how important the back up qb is now in franchise mode. What I want to know is will having a veteran qb as a back up in madden be any good like it is in real life?

I mean kerry collins is nothing flashy in any use of the words..but commentators always talked about how he could manage a game(as long as your team has a good run game of course)..but with maddens rating stretch..will veteran qbs still be too garbage to really manage games? just wondering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 12:49 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Kerry Collins

kerry collins isn't a game manager, he's a starter. game managers really arent supposed to throw more than 15 times a game. they're only there for the occasional 5 yard pass, or the one 30 yard pass attempt, and thats it.

the only good backups out there are guys that have lost their job to injury, or are guys who havent been discovered yet, like 2001 bledsoe or 2006 romo. guys who are career backups just suck, which is why their career backups, like gus frerotte and jim miller.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:56 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG 5
kerry collins isn't a game manager, he's a starter. game managers really arent supposed to throw more than 15 times a game. they're only there for the occasional 5 yard pass, or the one 30 yard pass attempt, and thats it.

the only good backups out there are guys that have lost their job to injury, or are guys who havent been discovered yet, like 2001 bledsoe or 2006 romo. guys who are career backups just suck, which is why their career backups, like gus frerotte and jim miller.

Vince young is the oposite, hes a game destroyer.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:58 AM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Some backups are better then others. Depending on their experenice they have had a starter in the past. Take Mickeal Vick. If vick returns to the NFL this season and if a team is dumb enough to mess with him. Vick would be a decent backup so long as he gets back into shape period and hoefully will be half decent football playing shape before the season starts. But vick would be one of those example as a decent QBs as a backup.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:01 AM   #5
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83evans
Vince young is the oposite, hes a game destroyer.
damn your a *****, rome wasnt built overnight, you have to give these guys a chance to grow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 01:05 AM   #6
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Some backups are better then others. Depending on their experenice they have had a starter in the past. Take Mickeal Vick. If vick returns to the NFL this season and if a team is dumb enough to mess with him. Vick would be a decent backup so long as he gets back into shape period and hoefully will be half decent football playing shape before the season starts. But vick would be one of those example as a decent QBs as a backup.
damn your a ***** too, why does a team have to be dumb enough to mess with vick. I understand the dog incidents but thats behind him now and he many a times made your panthers look foolish. He's better then half the qb's in the league.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:11 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
damn your a ***** too, why does a team have to be dumb enough to mess with vick. I understand the dog incidents but thats behind him now and he many a times made your panthers look foolish. He's better then half the qb's in the league.
better then half the qb's? yea maybe in dog fighting but not playing qb in this league
Old 05-19-2009, 01:33 AM   #8

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
Better than half thats being a little optimistic don't you think? I do hope vick comes back though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »