Home

Kerry Collins

This is a discussion on Kerry Collins within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2009, 01:09 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Kerry Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
He hasn't been in a meaningful game for a long time, who knows what progress has or hasn't been made.
That tells you how much progress has been made. If he were progressing, he'd still be the starter. He wouldn't have some mediocre, old as hell QB starting in his place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #26
Rookie

South318's Arena

OVR: 7

That whole Vick situation was blown out of proportion. Are we forgetting a dog is an animal turn pet? You can turn any animal to a pet. But THEY ARE ANIMALS....look up the definition of that word. If they were left to fend for themselves, they'd be doing all this stuff to each other except the steroid use.

And Vince Young has had his time to grow, and he didn't delivery like everyone expected him to. Babied in college where he could be a star amongst boys and below average against men. He has the talent, he just lacks accuracy and how to read a defense.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:38 PM   #27
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by South318
And Vince Young has had his time to grow, and he didn't delivery like everyone expected him to. Babied in college where he could be a star amongst boys and below average against men. He has the talent, he just lacks accuracy and how to read a defense.
Sound like another physically gifted QB we know? Hint, hint...I'm talking about Vick.

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 05-19-2009, 01:41 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 25

Young is a reactive quarterback. He struggles to read a defense pre snap, he will leave the pocket to extend plays that don't need to be extended and buy time that doesnt need to be bought. I have questioned his NFL skills since he was in college.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:44 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckinAPhilliezhat
After reading the injury blog(which I am ecstatic about by the way)..I thought about how important the back up qb is now in franchise mode. What I want to know is will having a veteran qb as a back up in madden be any good like it is in real life?

I mean kerry collins is nothing flashy in any use of the words..but commentators always talked about how he could manage a game(as long as your team has a good run game of course)..but with maddens rating stretch..will veteran qbs still be too garbage to really manage games? just wondering.

Kerry Collins is just a better QB then Vince Young.

It's easy to look good as a pocket-passer when you're playing behind a QB who would be better off running the Wildcat.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #30
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

Back on topic, the Donny Moore said that there is a significant dropoff once your starter leaves...I hope that is the case, as it will finally lead to the importance of having great depth. It makes it important to draft for depth, as not every player will end up being a starter or a star, but some guys I draft I just want to be role players who fit the scheme and can make some plays coming off the bench in a rotation...with that said, I don't want to have too big of a drop off if my starter is injured...with the Panthers QB situation for example, I'm sure that if Delhomme is injured, the QB situation will go downhill quickly, based on ratings...but Matt Moore is a decent QB--he went 2-1 as a starter in 2007, and was actually the Rookie Player of the Month...he should be a decent option that I can progress...not some bum who plays like someone I pulled in off the street to gear up...

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 05-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would think that common sense comes into play with this. If you have say Tom Brady as the backup to Peyton Manning. Brady's ratings shouldn't automatically take a dip because he is the back up. (This is what I'm sensing is the debate here)

I think if you have a talented back up he will play with the talent he should.

As for VY.... As a Titans Diehard fan. I personally want him to do well, but faith in him is so lost for so many. He has to really show he can play the position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 02:27 PM   #32
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
Back on topic, the Donny Moore said that there is a significant dropoff once your starter leaves...I hope that is the case, as it will finally lead to the importance of having great depth. It makes it important to draft for depth, as not every player will end up being a starter or a star, but some guys I draft I just want to be role players who fit the scheme and can make some plays coming off the bench in a rotation...with that said, I don't want to have too big of a drop off if my starter is injured...with the Panthers QB situation for example, I'm sure that if Delhomme is injured, the QB situation will go downhill quickly, based on ratings...but Matt Moore is a decent QB--he went 2-1 as a starter in 2007, and was actually the Rookie Player of the Month...he should be a decent option that I can progress...not some bum who plays like someone I pulled in off the street to gear up...
Agree.. and i think he will play liek someone you can develop. There not going to make it that much of a drop off if the backup is decent though. Like with Kerry and VY, VY isnt going to be that bad. and with the new passer ratings each qb will have there strengths and weaknesses. And as long as you stick to the strengths and dont go overboard he should progress nicely.

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »