Home

Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #89
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk
Great information. I'm convinced that Madden 10 will be much better than NCAA 10.
No contest there.

You can't garbage to Gretzky (c). Jae Millz
Old 06-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #90
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA

Donny and Josh are the guys to ask here as they own these modes and are way more qualified than I am to answer. But we really wanted to make this mode fun to play again, and make it a totally different experience while traveling around the league and playing week to week. We do that through a number of different avenues whether it is commentary, stat banners, cut scenes, or whatever. Josh made the statement at the beginning of the year about not building a house on a crumbling foundation - that analogy is 100% true...we definitely spent more time on fixing old broken stuff than adding new features...but there's no way we, in good conscience, could put out another Franchise mode with a few more bells and whistles on top while players didn't progress after a good year (for example).

I don't want to make it seem like we didn't do anything with offline franchise...we did...but I also want to make sure people aren't expecting Head Coach 09 in the game.

Any more questions, direct them to Donny.
This i easily the most promising news one could asking for in Madden. We talk about Madden 10 being the base for future maddens, and people will scoff at that. But the Reality in Madden is, Tiburon had to take one step back to take two steps forward. The really good news is, madden 11 can take three steps forward, no steps back.

I can honestly say that in all my times playing video games, this is easily the most impressive one year jump for any annual game.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:40 PM   #91
Banned

OVR: 26

Well since Salary Cap and Trade Logic for Online Franchise will be added based on community demand. Allow me to be the first to say "Please implement Salary Cap and Trade Logic as fast as possible"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 10:42 PM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 1
Now feed us some info about offline franchise. Hook us up Josh.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:00 PM   #93
Rookie

ronaldc33's Arena

OVR: 3

I posted my thoughts about online franchise on my site. Looks like we're still a year or two away from a really good online franchise in Madden.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:05 PM   #94
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfguy23
I'm convinced Madden NFL 10 will not only be better than NCAA whatever, but this game will be the GREATEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER MADE. You heard it here first. (I should just start looking for another job around the first of August, lord knows I won't be keeping my current one following August 14th.)
I think you're in for a major letdown....not because I think 10 will be bad, but I really don't see it being the GREATEST football game ever made this year!! There are still MANY things that need to be fixed/implemented/tuned/created before it takes THAT title.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:11 PM   #95
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenness
I think you're in for a major letdown....not because I think 10 will be bad, but I really don't see it being the GREATEST football game ever made this year!! There are still MANY things that need to be fixed/implemented/tuned/created before it takes THAT title.
Madden 11 will be the best Football game ever, Madden 10 will be the best football game since 2k5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 11:11 PM   #96
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Just wanted to jump back in here and say Thanks to Ian for dropping a little bit of info on offline franchise. I never expected everything from HC 09 in Madden 10, I was just expecting everything that will be there to work correctly on day one.

It looks like I'll be very happy this year from reading Ian's post. All any of us offline franchise guys really want is a franchise mode without bugs that cripple it and with some single player depth. With the scouting being fixed, the AI roster management upgrades and tweaked draft/FA logic, and the progression/regression being on that list I am much more at ease with what I think we'll get in the single player franchise this year.

I give all the credit in the world to Donny, Josh, and anyone else from the HC 09 team that have been working to fix Madden's previously broken franchise mode for Madden 10. Nothing but respect for all of you guys.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »