Home

The End Results: Nothing Else Matters in the NFL/Madden Era

This is a discussion on The End Results: Nothing Else Matters in the NFL/Madden Era within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: The End Results: Nothing Else Matters in the NFL/Madden Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
You really need to give it a rest. We, the Sheep, know all of this stuff is wrong and had hoped it would be fixed, same as you "truth chasers." But, at this time, it is what it is. Now you can rant and protest all you want, but the truth is all you can really do is have the same choice to either buy or not. The exclusive license isn't going anywhere for a bit. And all the complaining in the world isn't going to get Madden to the level we all want this year. The game is gold. So let's possibly stop with the sterotyping and the calling people stupid for the choices they make, after a fashion.

I know that Madden still has a long climb from the abyss. But guess what?! So does Ian. Now either buy it or not, but please don't be the latest of "saviors" of the blind. One thing I have found during my 6+ years on here is that there is a broad demographic that posts here. Dentists and Lawyers, Professionals and Factory Workers, like myself. But one thing they all have in common is that they are pretty knowledgable about gaming, sports gaming in general. That's kinda why Ian ended up here, and stayed... So please give it a rest....
wtf are talking about. what you are saying make no sense to me.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
You really need to give it a rest. We, the Sheep, know all of this stuff is wrong and had hoped it would be fixed, same as you "truth chasers." But, at this time, it is what it is. Now you can rant and protest all you want, but the truth is all you can really do is have the same choice to either buy or not. The exclusive license isn't going anywhere for a bit. And all the complaining in the world isn't going to get Madden to the level we all want this year. The game is gold. So let's possibly stop with the sterotyping and the calling people stupid for the choices they make, after a fashion.

I know that Madden still has a long climb from the abyss. But guess what?! So does Ian. Now either buy it or not, but please don't be the latest of "saviors" of the blind. One thing I have found during my 6+ years on here is that there is a broad demographic that posts here. Dentists and Lawyers, Professionals and Factory Workers, like myself. But one thing they all have in common is that they are pretty knowledgable about gaming, sports gaming in general. That's kinda why Ian ended up here, and stayed... So please give it a rest....
i never called anyone stupid, if u felt that when i said dumbed down the community calling people stupid then you didnt get that line.

well the constant theme here is "well its better than last year" and thats not anyone fault. its EA
Old 07-26-2009, 07:09 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

You AHats quoting the OP. are you high? everyone read that part. STOP QUOTING THE OP
Old 07-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #12
Rookie

iLukeisamazing's Arena

OVR: 5

Great, we'll add this to the constant droning and the other 5 threads like this on the front page and move on. K?
Atlanta Falcons
Atlanta Hawks
Old 07-26-2009, 07:15 PM   #13
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
i never called anyone stupid, if u felt that when i said dumbed down the community calling people stupid then you didnt get that line.

well the constant theme here is "well its better than last year" and thats not anyone fault. its EA
That's why I put "after a fashion." And the truth is it is better than last year. Not perfect, the gameplay needs a lot of deep coding work, but it is going in the right direction. Now I stand by this, anyone who has been through the whole deal with Ian full cycle can see where the game has come from and where it's headed. I just grow weary of guys who just joined the party and don't know how to research the whole deal coming in and calling the CD guys names and Ian a liar and the community as a whole that isn't on the war-wagon a bunch of apologists. We're just educated and have persepective that has been built over the course of the past year. Nothing personal against you, it's just a trend that has become really tiresome, just like all the video-critiques. Peace.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 07-26-2009, 07:33 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
This is the first year we have had a development team in place that has actually tried to improve the game. I see where you are coming from but you have to give the new guys a chance.
I completely agree and it gives me hope. But the engine NEEDS to go.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:46 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
That's why I put "after a fashion." And the truth is it is better than last year. Not perfect, the gameplay needs a lot of deep coding work, but it is going in the right direction. Now I stand by this, anyone who has been through the whole deal with Ian full cycle can see where the game has come from and where it's headed. I just grow weary of guys who just joined the party and don't know how to research the whole deal coming in and calling the CD guys names and Ian a liar and the community as a whole that isn't on the war-wagon a bunch of apologists. We're just educated and have persepective that has been built over the course of the past year. Nothing personal against you, it's just a trend that has become really tiresome, just like all the video-critiques. Peace.
07 was better than 06, 08 was better than 07, 09 was better than 08. i know i havent been here long but im sure that these words was flying around here during its time.

if u happy with better than last year then thats all good and thats what i meant by EA dumbing down the community. they give u poor quality NFL standard games and the community just takes it for what it is, says its better than last year, then say what they wish(on the wishlist) and the process start all over again.

im sorry but madden is not the NFL, and thats the standard WE ALL should be going by. if you happy with giving EA 60 dollars to play a video game that has just has your favorite team colors and stadiums then HEY all power to you and have fun. but im looking for a NFL game where what i see on sunday(in gameplay) is remotely represented in the video game(80% comparisons will due)

oh i know the whole cycle, i been in the blogs and i see the direction but madden 10 wont be the game to set the bar. madden 10 just looks good, a huge EYE CANDY, and i guess thats what people now care about but i care for GAMEPLAY and madden 10 is mediocre at best. just because i havent been in OS doesnt mean i dont have the 411 but im no fool at the same time.

M10 will be upgrade from 09 so its from MadDung to MadDeung in m10 so its still gone be weak but i will be looking at m11 hard and if that delivers than EA is on track but if it dont then THIS THREAD will stay true to light 1 year from now

Last edited by CoHouse2814; 07-26-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 07:54 PM   #16
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
but im looking for a NFL game where what i see on sunday(in gameplay) is remotely represented in the video game(80% comparisons will due)
Okay...and you obviously feel that Madden doesn't present that...so why are you wasting your time here arguing about it? Don't buy the game, and get on with your life.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »