Home

Is there any way to get the CPU to run well?

This is a discussion on Is there any way to get the CPU to run well? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 11:26 AM   #57
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Is there any way to get the CPU to run well?

sorry obelysk, I meant Speed Threshold (at work so I didnt remember the exact name of the slider)... you're using marino's, so i'm guessing its 25?
Old 08-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #58
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
sorry obelysk, I meant Speed Threshold (at work so I didnt remember the exact name of the slider)... you're using marino's, so i'm guessing its 25?
Without being at home to double check I would assume you are correct since those are the sliders I am using with broken tackles set to 45.

*Actual time may vary.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:38 AM   #59
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

hmmm, well if that's the case my best argument would be that you're on the wrong side of 50... being at 25 (which means you have a larger seperation between fast and slow) seems to me like it would be more likely to produce the extreme results you are seeing. The O-line/FB/TE are most likely too slow to get suitable blocks on outside runs (or guys blitzing), and probably can't get to the 2nd level to help a RB... an elite back can make up for this with their skill (especially fast/agile RB's who with that 25 Threshold are probably running all over defenses)

I could be off, but I think it's worth a try to put the threshold up at something like 70 and see how the results differ
Old 08-17-2009, 11:47 AM   #60
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
hmmm, well if that's the case my best argument would be that you're on the wrong side of 50... being at 25 (which means you have a larger seperation between fast and slow) seems to me like it would be more likely to produce the extreme results you are seeing. The O-line/FB/TE are most likely too slow to get suitable blocks on outside runs (or guys blitzing), and probably can't get to the 2nd level to help a RB... an elite back can make up for this with their skill (especially fast/agile RB's who with that 25 Threshold are probably running all over defenses)

I could be off, but I think it's worth a try to put the threshold up at something like 70 and see how the results differ
Actually I am not completely sure if I have updated the threshold speed now that i think about it, I am going to go back and double check then I will play a few games and let you know if this has made a difference. Man I don't want to be at work right now.

*Actual time may vary.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #61
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

I've got rushing defense up to 11 and the only guy who did me in was Adrian Peterson (Vikings, lol). He had roughly 125 yards on 23 carries or something like that (I think it was 5.3 Yards Per Carry).

Might turn the rushing defense slider up to 12 or 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #62
Pro

OVR: 8

Try mine here if you want...They have been pretty extensively tested.

You will get games where say Peterson goes 20/60, but you will get games where he goes 25/170 too.A lot also depends on your run D and play calling. You really shouldn't get "x just ran for 300 yds on me", cos they are plain stupid, if you ask me. You would statistically need 1,000's of games played to see that happen.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrivera34
Hopefully they pull out all the stops for online franchise next year because I think the days of user vs. CPU are getting old (except for MLB the Show because I really stink...could be that I play with the Mets...)
no offense to you, but i think that is part of the problem. user vs. CPU isn't old to me. i don't like to play online that often. however, i feel like EA is really leaning to catering to the online generation. like i said, i'm not hating on how you play. as far as the CPU running, i've been getting some pretty good results playing on My Skill.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've actually had some trouble stopping the run. I play with the Eagles who have a very good defensive line and mediocre LBs. I find myself having to consistently bring at least 8 into the box to stop the run. Fortunately the Eagles have a great secondary with great CBs (Asanti Samuel, Sheldon Brown and Ellis Hobbs), so I can focus on stopping the run while maning up in coverage, and I can afford to bring a safety down into the box.

Even with playing a lot of 4-6, and using "show blitz" to bring guys deeper, as well as spotlighting the HB, I still have trouble holding the CPU under 80 yards on All-Pro. D. Williams torched me for 175 and 4 TDs, and Brandon Jacobs ran for 200 in the preseason in the first half.

Any tips on stopping the run would be appreciated. I'll say this, Madden 10 is the first Madden, and maybe really the first football game ever where I have to legitimately try any and everything to stop the CPU. I like actually having to try on D.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »