Home

Is there any way to get the CPU to run well?

This is a discussion on Is there any way to get the CPU to run well? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 01:51 AM   #25
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Is there any way to get the CPU to run well?

^i just played philly using my raiders and kept westbrook to around 50 yds with a 2.9 average. I guess we all play differently, so it might be a bit hard for EA to patch something that varies greatly for each user.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 01:57 AM   #26
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I am finding that the computer also has no idea how to read the blockers it has. The blocking AI is bad enough but when the computer struggles to follow it's own play and lead blockers you have what we have in Madden for years. in last gen I was ableto adjust a slider titled "running back ability." This lead to more broken tackles but I found the backs hit the holes better as well.

So far, unless the computer breaks 2 or more tackles it gets shut down. I played the vikings and all-day AP was able to run for 49 yards on 14 carries and for 2 carries for about 17 or 18 yards, so most of his yards came off of two runs out of 14 attempts. I really don't know what to do.

Because the computer is bad at the running the football, it gets shut down and starts to throw all day and then losses big. I am afraid of doing a real franchise until this is fixed/fixable because it looks like I will go 19-0 just by controlling the pace of the game all season long... with the 49ers no less. bah.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:22 AM   #27
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm seeing the inadequate cpu run game as well. I've adjusted sliders all over the map but can't seem to get them to have any success against me. For on my run defense I have reaction time set to 0 and break block at 1, but was still able to hold Peterson to about 25 yards on 17 carries in the last game without really breaking a sweat.

I think in general with this generation of football games, the runner awareness when navigating in and around the line of scrimmage has been nearly non-existent. I'm somewhat surprised that this didn't see an upgrade (it seems) this year. Still a great game, and I'm hopeful that a patch can help this out a bit.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 08-17-2009 at 02:24 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:36 AM   #28
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I honestly wish there was a way EA could set up a system where they can get the CPU running backs to destroy us and then dial it back from there. As it stands, we have to dial it up to make it less terrible. I don't want to give up a bunch of broken tackles, I want to be punished by a good play call.

I think that zone D works too well against the computer when it runs the ball. Sending a run blitz works, but on pas defensive plays you can also stop the run.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:43 AM   #29
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Madden is going to have to bite the bullet and go through a year like NFL2K did in 2K4 where the CPU running game was too good. Once they get there they can tweak it down. That being said, I am really enjoying this years Madden and I am looking forward to an online franchise. Hopefully they pull out all the stops for online franchise next year because I think the days of user vs. CPU are getting old (except for MLB the Show because I really stink...could be that I play with the Mets...)
Old 08-17-2009, 02:49 AM   #30
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Well I just played another one and Frank Gore went for 124 on me. Looks like its much better now.

Here is what I am using. Rush defense: Reaction, Block Shed, and Tackling all at 40

CPU Rushing: Broken tackles: 65, Run block 70, and fumbles 40

Last edited by PVarck31; 08-17-2009 at 02:53 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:09 AM   #31
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Well I just played another one and Frank Gore went for 124 on me. Looks like its much better now.

Here is what I am using. Rush defense: Reaction, Block Shed, and Tackling all at 40

CPU Rushing: Broken tackles: 65, Run block 70, and fumbles 40
gonna give those a shot. Was Gore's run total pretty spread out with different gains? Or was it like 1 or 2 big plays that got the majority of that yardage?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 03:17 AM   #32
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
gonna give those a shot. Was Gore's run total pretty spread out with different gains? Or was it like 1 or 2 big plays that got the majority of that yardage?
Def spread out. He hit me for a bunch of 5-7 yarders and one big gain of like 25.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »