Home

Is there any way to get the CPU to run well?

This is a discussion on Is there any way to get the CPU to run well? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 12:39 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Is there any way to get the CPU to run well?

I posted about this issue at another site, where I was labeled a ''*****'' and a ''troll.''

The CPU can't run, no matter who I played. I pretty much gave up, and gave the game back to my buddy. We were lead to believe that this issue was fixed, but I honestly didn't see it. If the CPU can't run the ball, the offline version of the game, isn't playable, in my opinion.

It's ridiculous how this issue continues to plague the series.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:50 AM   #18
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
It doesn't matter who I face, they can't run. Right now in the 3rd quarter. Ryan Grant has 7 carries for -1 yards!! WTH
You're seeing what I'm seeing from the other thread on run blocking. I'm trying to get the CPU to run by coming out in 7 DB's Prevent and Cover 4 and the CPU isn't adjusting, they don't audible to a run, ever. I keep calling 7 DB's and they keep coming out in shotgun.

I'll be working on my sliders again tomorrow, believe it or not I'm doing yard work, they come to get my leaves and sticks tomorrow and it was too hot and I was watching the PGA!

And yes, with 3 man fronts when they do run on me I'm stuffing the hell out of them like you. What's really annoying is the CPU still finds guys wide open over the middle or hit's the backs at will. Maybe if I could have an 11 DB set...
Old 08-17-2009, 12:56 AM   #19
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Ok I messed with sliders again. I am the Browns at home against the Giants. At the half Jacobs has 13 carries for 105 yards. LOL He had one huge run, the rest were 5-6 yard gains. I want to pull my hair out lol.

On a side note, this has been the best played game I have had so far. Everything looks right.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:59 AM   #20
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah you just need some good sliders because the cpu averages about 142 yards a game rushing the ball against me. With about 100 of them for their star RB and the rest with their FB or 2nd string RB.

I just lowered the shed block, reaction and tackling for the human side.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:12 AM   #21
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I really don't think it has anything to do with me being good. I usually control a DE or an LB. It seems like I can get to the ball carrier pretty easily with one of them, if not the cpu is.

To the poster who is doing the sliders, I appreciate your offer. Let me get back to you. I am pretty pissed off right now lol.
Try raising the CPU Run Blocking slider and let us know.

EDIT: Worked alright for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 01:35 AM   #22
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

It is a bit frustrating that the cpu can't run. I'm 5-1 in my raider franchise using custom sliders between all pro and all madden, and I think its due to the fact that I'm shutting down the run completely. I've up the cpu run sliders already but I'll mess with them more.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:42 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Ok I messed with sliders again. I am the Browns at home against the Giants. At the half Jacobs has 13 carries for 105 yards. LOL He had one huge run, the rest were 5-6 yard gains. I want to pull my hair out lol.

On a side note, this has been the best played game I have had so far. Everything looks right.
i find that the bigger backs give me troubles, such as the Jacobs, Jamal Lewis, Peterson types....the quicker scat backs are easier to stop.

just my observations
Old 08-17-2009, 01:45 AM   #24
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Hrmmm, no issues here. I just had McFadden run for over 200 yards on me in a 45-24 loss to Philly. I'm on MySkill with the sliders set somewhere between All Pro and All Madden. Its pretty crazy that we are all having such differing experiences.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »