Home

Really really annoying in game ad just added today!!!

This is a discussion on Really really annoying in game ad just added today!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Really really annoying in game ad just added today!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Honestly, everyone here wants a "sim" experience. In-game ads and sponsors are part of that broadcast simulation experience. It doesn't bug me at all. In fact, I prefer seeing a real ad instead of some generic "EA Sports" ad. I like that it changes and gives me a connection to current life.

I don't mind the ads at all.
It's not a "sim" experience at all. When you are watching an actual broadcast, do YOU see a rectangular, obtrusive Burger King pop-up ad come out of the ticker before every single snap??? I thought not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubz
Yeah, you have to disconnect from LIVE.
I am on PS3, and if you disconnect from the internet, that disables you from earning trophies. So if trophies are important to you, you are kinda forced into playing while connected. I agree, this should only be active if you are actually playing online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
As long as they dont interfere with gameplay, I like em.

People keep complaining about the Snickers and Sprint advertising offline. I like it because it adds realism. I dont want to be beaten over the head with it, but I think it works well with how they do it.
To me, it does interfere with gameplay when I've got a banner ad popping up almost into the field of play on every snap.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
I don't mind the ads. The other night they had a thing where if you sent a text message to a code you could win 400 xbox points. Was pretty cool.
Pretty cool?!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #19
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm more annoyed by having to sit through the measurements and watching referees discuss a call, was cool the first time, very annoying now.

Same with the halftime show and post game show. I don't want to watch an animation of my QB being interviews for 10 seconds that is impossible to skip over.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
To me, it does interfere with gameplay when I've got a banner ad popping up almost into the field of play on every snap.

If thats the case, then that is annoying.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:27 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
If thats the case, then that is annoying.
That is exactly what happens. BTW, I don't think you guys understand what is happening. EA is making more money and intruding into a game where in the past there were no intrusions, and they are doing it without giving ANYTHING up. They charge the same amount of money and now they even add micro-transactions. I wouldn't mind an advertisement that pops up everytime if the game was free. I did not agree to down by down advertisements when I bought the game. You guys let it go this year and just wait what they'll add next year. I swear to god if you give them an inch, they;ll take a first down. Pacify this year and cry the next.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 06:33 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200
That is exactly what happens. BTW, I don't think you guys understand what is happening. EA is making more money and intruding into a game where in the past there were no intrusions, and they are doing it without giving ANYTHING up. They charge the same amount of money and now they even add micro-transactions. I wouldn't mind an advertisement that pops up everytime if the game was free. I did not agree to down by down advertisements when I bought the game. You guys let it go this year and just wait what they'll add next year. I swear to god if you give them an inch, they;ll take a first down. Pacify this year and cry the next.
+10 Gajillion - because I am too lazy to type out all the "0"s...oh wait...
Old 08-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #23
Rookie

BFawlty's Arena

OVR: 5

If we have to endure real world ads, shouldn't it off set the cost of the game some?

BF
Old 08-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #24
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
I am on PS3, and if you disconnect from the internet, that disables you from earning trophies. So if trophies are important to you, you are kinda forced into playing while connected. I agree, this should only be active if you are actually playing online.
When did they start doing that? When mine still worked I got them offline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »