Home

Really really annoying in game ad just added today!!!

This is a discussion on Really really annoying in game ad just added today!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:13 AM   #73
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Really really annoying in game ad just added today!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Since this is going to be commonplace from now on (companies are going to love the extra revenue stream), they could at least let us off a bit and reduce the price of buying Madden to 50 bucks. I'd like to think this was possible, but the industry isn't about fun or quality any more, IMO... it's about the bucks, just like music, TV, movies, etc.

Welcome to progress.
it was only a matter of time. at least there are still companies out there that are all about the consumer. valve and rockstar come to mind.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:12 AM   #74
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Just wanted to post that I do not get these ads. I think if you go under settings and put the banner as infrequent, you will not get it. Thats what I did, and my buddy I play with says he gets it a lot, but I never do.
Thank you for this.

Did it and it's gone.

Thank you thank you
Old 08-27-2009, 07:03 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200
That is exactly what happens. BTW, I don't think you guys understand what is happening. EA is making more money and intruding into a game where in the past there were no intrusions, and they are doing it without giving ANYTHING up. They charge the same amount of money and now they even add micro-transactions. I wouldn't mind an advertisement that pops up everytime if the game was free. I did not agree to down by down advertisements when I bought the game. You guys let it go this year and just wait what they'll add next year. I swear to god if you give them an inch, they;ll take a first down. Pacify this year and cry the next.
Your logic can be turned on its head: criticize them this year and next year they'll charge 10$ more for the game but there'll be no ad...

Edit: BTW, I'm not saying you're wrong. The ads don't really bother me but I understand some would be bothered.

Last edited by poilbrun; 08-27-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2009, 08:17 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Just wanted to post that I do not get these ads. I think if you go under settings and put the banner as infrequent, you will not get it. Thats what I did, and my buddy I play with says he gets it a lot, but I never do.
Thanks, I'll try this. I was afraid of adjusting thinking it would effect the in game stats that pop up before and after the plays. But those are so rare anyway, I guess it don't matter..
Old 08-27-2009, 10:20 AM   #77
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Thank you for this.

Did it and it's gone.

Thank you thank you
Glad I could help!
Old 08-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #78
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by morieeel
Thanks, I'll try this. I was afraid of adjusting thinking it would effect the in game stats that pop up before and after the plays. But those are so rare anyway, I guess it don't matter..
Does it affect the stat overlays?
Old 08-27-2009, 11:15 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 5

I hope they add more in game ads that take up more space.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:56 AM   #80
Banned

OVR: 10

i saw this for the first time last night. i been playing this every nite too. i was in my offline franchise and im getting this MTV "see you on thurdays" ad popping up almost every play and telling me to watch rob dyrdek's fantasy factory. it annoyed me slightly cuz im like WTH this gotta do with football haha! honestly they should show it in the beginning with the be a chompion stuff and we shouldnt have to see it anymore

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »