Home

The most scripted game I ever played

This is a discussion on The most scripted game I ever played within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 02:57 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 15
The most scripted game I ever played

Playing with Vikings against Cowboys in coach mode game. I was up 24-10 by the middle of the 4th quarter. Romo played horribly the entire game. He was 15 for 35 for about 150 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs.

Then all of a sudden he couldn't miss throwing passes into double and triple coverage. Balls that were thrown were morphing THROUGH my defenders into the hands of Cowboy receivers.

He scores a TD, then I go 3 and out FAST, they sacked me twice in that series but didn't the whole game. I kickoff deep in their endzone... Felix Jones runs and zigzags through and runs it back for a TD.

Tied up with 2 mins left. I pass a few times...incompletions...I hand the ball to AP..he runs for a TD. I'm thinking I win right?

Wrong. Robo...I mean Romo...throws a bomb to Witten and he runs to the 15 before Winfield tackles him. The very next play, I call blitz..Jared Allen NAILS him right before he throws, (oooh yes! duck pass!) ...wait..he makes a perfect throw even after being hit and scores a TD.

Overtime. They receive. I kickoff...guess what folks.

Guess what. I'll give you 3 guesses but you'll only need ONE.

F E L I X.

Yes.

Again.

The end. Cowboys 37 - Vikings 31.

EA: Why????????????????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 03:01 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: The most scripted game I ever played

I was up 34-7 in Superstar mode.

Vikings @ Lions.

that was at half time.

They were up 44-41 with 30 seconds to go, I luckily won 48-44.

Felt heaps rigged lol.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:02 AM   #3
Banned

I am a TRUE believer now. I am a believer that comeback AI still exists in this franchise.

Honestly this felt like comback AI multiplied by 1000. It was like a completely different team I was playing against. Not to mention that the glitches from the game didn't help at all like the ball morphing through players.

When I replayed that time where Jared Allen pulverzied Romo. I replayed it slow and watch how he hit him. Apparently Jared's arm went THROUGH the football as Romo was throwing.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:04 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

One thing I don't get about people that think the game is scripted. Is it scripted when you win also? Because I never seem to see anybody saying, this game is scripted, it let me come back and win. Or when you win are you just able to overcome the script?

Seems like some people can't handle losing.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:07 AM   #5
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam914
One thing I don't get about people that think the game is scripted. Is it scripted when you win also? Because I never seem to see anybody saying, this game is scripted, it let me come back and win. Or when you win are you just able to overcome the script?

LOL. Well said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 03:07 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam914

I actually don't mind losing bro because I like having higher picks in the draft.

In fact I prefer to have a couple crappy years at first so I can get some decent picks and rebuild the team.

Nah this was different man. It was a HUGE difference from the first 3 quarters of the game. You could see a difference on both sides. Before I could make about 70% of my passes and this was the coach mode doing it. In the 4th quarter, I started getting sacked badly, missing throws that were completions earlier.

I've never complained about "scripting" or "comeback AI" before ever on these boards. I've seen others complain and just ignored it, but THIS was totally obvious bro. But it was worse because of morphing and glitches where Jared Allen hit Romo right as he was in a forward arm motion and every other time it would have been a duck pass, but not that time. It was a perfect bullet spiral pass for a TD.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:07 AM   #7
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4

I've heard of people talking about scripted wins when the super stat AI is in your favor doesn't happen often though.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:27 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 12

yeah ive been up huge in games before only to see them beat me.... ive been up 40 points before and seen them come back to win alot. i dont think that happens a lot in real life.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »