Home

Career ending injuries.

This is a discussion on Career ending injuries. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2009, 06:26 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Career ending injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyPhillips
HAHAHA! Vick not being overrated in his "prime" is an absolute joke. Vick never had a completion percentage over 56% in his career and it was always said it was because of his WRs. Well what a surprise when he gets carted away to prison his WRs get QBs (Joey Harrington, Chris Redman and then last season Matt Ryan) that can actually throw the ball and his WRs (Roddy White) becomes one of the best in the NFL. Suddenly White and Jenkins can catch the ball.....i wonder why? Is it because the QB actually gets the ball to them in the right spot and doesn't throw a 100mph ball to the WR when hes 3 yards away from him? Vick has always been an overrated POS and all he is now is an overrated POS who is a felon.
pretty sure roddy was one of the leaders in # of passes not caught & was one of the leaders in dropped passes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Ummm....*COUGH* *COUGH*
my bad saw his post before i got to last page

/e on topic
i had freeney get a career ending injury

Last edited by sofakingfat; 08-28-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 06:28 AM   #66
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofakingfat
pretty sure roddy was one of the leaders in # of passes not caught & was one of the leaders in dropped passes..
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Guys,

Let's end the Tom Brady/Mike Vick overrated/underrated conversation please. That's not what this thread is about.
Ummm....*COUGH* *COUGH*
Old 08-28-2009, 09:09 AM   #67
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
So I am playing the first game of my Bills franchise and I am visiting the Patriots. Tom Brady has sliced and diced my secondary for nearly 300 yards but I am still winning 24-17 in the fourth. The Pats drive to the two yard line, Brady drops back to pass and I get my first sack of the game. Brady goes down with an injury and doesn't return so after the game I go to the medical center to see how bad the injury was, and it says:

Fractured Vertebrae Career Ending

Has anyone else seen this happen to such a high profile player?
why cant this happen in real life?

- started 11/15/08
Old 08-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #68
six
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Matt Ryan got hurt and Chris Redman won the super bowl for the Falcons in year 2 of my franchise. Pulled a Jeff Hostetler.
Redman's a beast! lol he does have decent stats for his career for almost a career back up. And Ryan got hurt in both year's of my franchise thus far...he is apparently injury prone.

Has anyone noticed if you look at the box scores each week that there will be numerous teams that have two or even three QB's on their boxscore as attempted passes? I think it's a little extreme at times in the amount of teams each week.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:25 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 17

Haven't seen any career enders yet in games that i've played (4 franchise seasons). But to be honest I haven't scrolled through the league's injuries much to see what's going on with everyone else so I might've just missed them. But yeah I noticed when I sim the injuries for my team are out of hand so I turn injuries off when I sim the pre-season and a reg season game here or there and then turn them back on when I play my games.

Great job ending Brandy's career though!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:59 AM   #70
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't know whether or not the injury slider effects simmed games or not but I do wonder if it is maybe messed up because if you have it at 100 their should be injuries all over the place, especially at the rate that I see them with mine set at 58.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 26

Last gane of my second season Fred Taylor broke a vertebrate. He had just cracked the 10 top records for must rushing yards

Just call me Sanchez
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2009, 09:53 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkembo
It happened to a Bills TE 2 years ago - career ending injuries definitly do happen, so as long as I only see them every couple of years, that's ok.

I agree with ratings drops after injuries though - as long as it wouldn't be drastic ratings drop after every injury. When someone tears their ACL, they shouldn't be able to run just as fast after. Injuries should take their toll in this game, just like in real life.

This reminds me of Head Coach- Each body part has a % attached to it (The lower the % the higher the chances that the part could be hurt again). Like if someone got a torn ACL and was out for the year, once that injury was done, The highest that part would get to is like 75%. And it would stay that way their entire career. So you could have game to game wear and tear as well as year to year wear and tear. It was awesome.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »