Home

The Only way EA can regain the Gamers they lost.

This is a discussion on The Only way EA can regain the Gamers they lost. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
The Only way EA can regain the Gamers they lost.

EA in the next gen era has consistantly been losing their fan base. They still have a decent amount, but have lost a large amount.

The product that they have been putting out since Madden 06 on the 360 and PS3 have been very poor efforts of a football title, and this has contributed greatly to the lost of fans.
Gamers are really just tired and fed up with the quality of EA's work, and marketing hype that always falls short of what was promised.

Now Madden 10 is a better product than anything before it, but it still doesn't deliver enough to stop the lost of fans, and someone from EA has to be concerned. The way things look now when Madden 11 drops these numbers will be far worst than Madden 10. The numbers just keep getting lower.

So what can EA do to bring the fire , energy, and excitement back into Madden. Something that has been lacking since Madden 06.

They have to bring something different. They need to let go of this engine , and come with the Euphoria engine. They really need to bring back all the controls and featuers from last gen Madden back on to next gen Madden. I feel this combinations will rock the football gaming world.

They need to give us a whole new look and feel of the game. What we have experienced on the 360 and PS3 has bored many in as little as 1 day. Some it may take a week or even a month, but this never happened with last gen Madden, if you was a madden fan you was playing the game for months on last gen, and in many cases all the way through till the newer version relased.

I feel the Euphoria engine will bring many gamers that they lost back , and very willing to give Madden another shot. This engine shows life , fire , energy, and excitement. The graphics look great , and the animations looks smooth and fluid.

Some may say that the rag doll effect isnt right. I say look at this video and tell me who doesnt look like a rag doll when they get rocked!!!

Right now at this point many of the gamers that have given up on Madden are already customed to playing a older football title with a updated roster, and are happy with that. Something that was un heard of in the past cause everyone without hesitation would just purchase the newer version of Madden.

Well that has changed and I feel for the best interest of EA they need to address it.
I really feel the Euphoria engine will bring back the glory days to Madden. That is my personal opininon.

I want EA to succceed , so dont get me wrong. I just feel that it can not be done with this engine period. Its been a dissapointment since day 1 and still is till this day. Again IMO.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 08-28-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
Rookie

OJsakila's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The Only way EA can regain the Gamers they lost.

this is the same old crap. this forum is slap full of these threads...whatever dude, you tire me.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well bro them going with a new game engine will not happen no time soon. But I believe that madden 10 is a reall good game. They just need to patch these problems in gameplay people having right now. If this stuff can get resolved then madden 10 will be alot better.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

The Euphoria engine IS impressive, but is it ready for primetime? Not so sure, but I do believe Backbreaker is designed as nothing more than a seductive demo to entice investors and ideally a buyout by EA or 2k.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:57 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
The Euphoria engine IS impressive, but is it ready for primetime? Not so sure, but I do believe Backbreaker is designed as nothing more than a seductive demo to entice investors and ideally a buyout by EA or 2k.
well i think euphoria would do a better job of showing realistic tackling instead of this pro tak love fest. come on give me a hug! lol but seriously im tired of seeing the same tackle animations all day the tackles arent dynamic like they said pro tak would make them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by edavis781
well i think euphoria would do a better job of showing realistic tackling instead of this pro tak love fest. come on give me a hug! lol but seriously im tired of seeing the same tackle animations all day the tackles arent dynamic like they said pro tak would make them.
And Ian has said before the rage doll effect does not look real. But like i said before don't expect for EA just to scrape the old engine and suddenly go with a new one. A new engine would take a few year s to implant and to get it to work correctly. Should EA start finding a new engine for it's games for the near future?? Yes. But for now all you will Ian and company doing withmadden is just keep using the old branching Technology.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:38 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

This site just keeps going down the drain... Madden 10 is a good football game.... maybe people don't have the money right now to go out and buy this game .......
Old 08-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #8
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
I believe the euphoria engine is much more managable than the current engine EA is using. I believe it is ready for prime time, and like many feel. Backbreaker is not going to see the light of day. The trailers they showcase is more to entice developers in purchasing their engine, so I feel alot will be made available to the buyers in making the use of this engine friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJsakila
this is the same old crap. this forum is slap full of these threads...whatever dude, you tire me.
You must be about 15 yrs old, if not you should be embarrassed on how you reply to a post. Only a child of bad parenting and poor upbringing answers a thread this way. You really need to learn how to be mature. I guess a adult conversation is something your not to familiar with.

What is tired is members like you who are rude and posses zero class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
And Ian has said before the rage doll effect does not look real. But like i said before don't expect for EA just to scrape the old engine and suddenly go with a new one. A new engine would take a few year s to implant and to get it to work correctly. Should EA start finding a new engine for it's games for the near future?? Yes. But for now all you will Ian and company doing withmadden is just keep using the old branching Technology.
I honestly feel in 1yr EA can be futher along using the Euphoria engine than where they are now with the current engine.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »