Home

Injured Reserve Petition

This is a discussion on Injured Reserve Petition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2009, 11:31 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Injured Reserve Petition

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
I definitely cosign too but this is also apparently a complex issue. The Dev team has stated before they see the importance of it but I remember reading something about them not being able to go over 55 roster spots per team for a while. With only 12 players per team in NBA Live and smaller rosters in other sports its obvious that IR could work properly there.

I hope that they can eventually have full rosters with 80 players in preseason, cut days, 8 man practice squads, 45 man game day actives and a real IR but I doubt its as simple as a lot of people make it out to be.
It worked on NFL Head Coach. They also had 45 man actives, 80 in preseason and cut days.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 2

i need it

signed
Old 09-15-2009, 05:25 PM   #75
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

sign me up. any way to get everyone on OS to automatically sign?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 08:52 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
I definitely cosign too but this is also apparently a complex issue. The Dev team has stated before they see the importance of it but I remember reading something about them not being able to go over 55 roster spots per team for a while. With only 12 players per team in NBA Live and smaller rosters in other sports its obvious that IR could work properly there.

I hope that they can eventually have full rosters with 80 players in preseason, cut days, 8 man practice squads, 45 man game day actives and a real IR but I doubt its as simple as a lot of people make it out to be.
If it really is the case that they simply can't go over 55, then their current roster system is broken. If madden had a passing system where the QB was unable to throw more than 30 yards, the system would have to be changed, maybe even completely re-done. Why is the situation any different for rosters? Yes, the priorities are different, but a part of the game is still broken. FIX IT.

Signed again, for good measure.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:58 PM   #77
Pro

Figment's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm sure anything I have to say has already been said by everyone else. I play with the Bears and my #2 Half Back Kevin Jones is off the game along with my #2 Defensive Tackle Dusty Dvoracheck. When I play my franchise mode I never get them back. This is crucial for all madden players. Signed by a Corporal of Marines.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #78
Rookie

DWARE94's Arena

OVR: 5

Signed.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:36 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 4

Signed, a million times signed.

This is one of the most basic things and like others, I can't believe it is still an issue.

Even though this is the best version in years, it's still unbelieveable how much stuff hasn't been addressed, but it is time some attention is put towards improving the accuracy of franchise mode. Considering that's pretty much all I play, it's very frustrating to see other things being improved and basic things like this left untouched. And even adding an online franchise, when you can't get one franchise mode right, I'm sorry, but that's really annoying.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:50 PM   #80
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

I've already signed, but Argooos is completely correct. If there's some limitation to 55 players - maybe it goes back to the old last-gen days when games were distributed on 700MB CDs and memory was at a premium. But with all the next-gen graphics and bells and whistles, the fact that we don't have extra spots for I.R. and extra spots in preseason for franchise mode tells me that EA knows about the problem, knows they could fix it, but are more interested in showing off their "ProTack" and their all new hand towels. It's not a data issue anymore. The NCAA series has 120 teams with 70 roster spots each (and they increased from 55 to 70 a few years ago), so why EA can't have 32 teams with say 60 spots is reasonable. 60 preseason, then regular season = 53+7 I.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argooos
Signed. One of the many problems with Madden rosters. if the problem is that the programming for rosters won't allow additional slots, it may be time to re-write the roster programming. Real NFL rosters are flexible. We must gain an extra roster spot for a player on IR. We should not be required to keep a minimum number of players at each position. There should be expanded rosters in pre-season (but only if there is player progression during pre-season).
These are basic features of real NFL rosters that are completely absent from Madden. I would really really like a detailed explanation of why they are not in the game and what is being done to fix the problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »