Old 09-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Coach Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavp3
so why dont you get nfl head coach 09
Got it.

#1 A little crazy with the depth of involvement.
#2 Graphics aren't on par
#3 Game is now a year old (i.e. rosters and other updates).
#4 Could use more refinement.

What I'd prefer is if Madden would simply incorporate the same great coach mode they had for years on the old system.

Does that bother you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 06:59 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughey2k
It just seemed like too much work. I don't care for all the off season stuff, not to that extent anyway...
Re: Head Coach 09 these are my sentiments exactly!!
Old 09-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughey2k
I hated HC 09. It was very boring to me. It just seemed like too much work. I don't care for all the off season stuff, not to that extent anyway...
I'm the exact opposite, for myself I enjoy the strategy of the Draft and building up a team piece by piece, you get the reward of winning if you did a good job. While in Madden, if the "stick skillz" are good enough, you could take any team and go unbeaten.

That's why I personally loved Head Coach, it was an incredible challenge. Even for as many flaws at it had (it was glitchy as hell) it was probably my favorite sports game.

If Madden gets a franchise mode like that, I'll get back in. To each their own though. I'm obviously in the minority.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ
I'm the exact opposite, for myself I enjoy the strategy of the Draft and building up a team piece by piece, you get the reward of winning if you did a good job. While in Madden, if the "stick skillz" are good enough, you could take any team and go unbeaten.

That's why I personally loved Head Coach, it was an incredible challenge. Even for as many flaws at it had (it was glitchy as hell) it was probably my favorite sports game.

If Madden gets a franchise mode like that, I'll get back in. To each their own though. I'm obviously in the minority.
I like all that stuff, too. The problem with head coach--imo--is they tried to go too far in some quirky directions. Like those pivotal play things and the way they handled rosters, signings, etc., etc., all seemed poorly executed. Like they were trying too hard to make it different from Madden.

It needed one more installment's worth of refinement and probably would have been near-perfect if they had just streamlined a few things.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:23 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mallow
I like all that stuff, too. The problem with head coach--imo--is they tried to go too far in some quirky directions. Like those pivotal play things and the way they handled rosters, signings, etc., etc., all seemed poorly executed. Like they were trying too hard to make it different from Madden.

It needed one more installment's worth of refinement and probably would have been near-perfect if they had just streamlined a few things.
I do agree with this to a point. For all of it's great ideas, it was not the best made game by far. I really wish they were putting out a new one this year, if they kept the same game and basically just fixed the bugs and quirks, I'd never put that game down.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:58 AM   #30
Rookie

shanice73's Arena

OVR: 3

I play the same way as NoelFan and Hughey2k.
I also use Bill Harris's penalty sliders and Jukeman's Special Teams sliders. I play 12 Min Quarters with 20 secs Run off.

I have player threshold at 0 and use beginner playcalling.

I get similar results to the great looking games Noelfan posted.

I have a question for Noelfan and Hughey2k. Do you guys have player threshold at default 50 or 0?
Old 09-23-2009, 01:00 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

head coach is boring and sluggish but if polished, it could have been epic!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2009, 01:12 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanice73
I have a question for Noelfan and Hughey2k. Do you guys have player threshold at default 50 or 0?
I use 'Slow' game speed with the threshold at '0'.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »