Home

Spectacular catches, or the lack thereof

This is a discussion on Spectacular catches, or the lack thereof within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #9
Rbk
Rookie

Rbk's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Spectacular catches, or the lack thereof

Better then in 08 where every other catch was a ridiculous spectacular catch.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:31 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Would upping the user WR catching to 100 make these animations more frequent?
Old 10-14-2009, 07:33 PM   #11
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Sanchez to Braylon

25 QB ACC and 45 CTH...

He's made a couple for me in a handful of games already...

I think it depends on the guy, EA always has favorites...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 08:00 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

The point was to make the game sim and get rid of the arcade animations and insane catches that were all too often in the previous games. A spectacular catch is just that because it doesn't happen very often. If it did, then it would dimply be a normal catch that looks really cool the first five times, then gets really old... Thus far I've seen enough to suit my needs, from diving one handers to the bobble catch... I see them maybe once a game if I'm using an insane WR like Fitz, Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, etc... Other then that, it shouldn't happen more then that... That's what NFL Street is for.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #13
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

This is something Ian and his crew will be working on for madden11. But I wheather see these current problems with the game fix now and worry about the other things latter on down the road to tell you the truth.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:12 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
The point was to make the game sim and get rid of the arcade animations and insane catches that were all too often in the previous games. A spectacular catch is just that because it doesn't happen very often. If it did, then it would dimply be a normal catch that looks really cool the first five times, then gets really old... Thus far I've seen enough to suit my needs, from diving one handers to the bobble catch... I see them maybe once a game if I'm using an insane WR like Fitz, Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, etc... Other then that, it shouldn't happen more then that... That's what NFL Street is for.
I agree but I've only seen the Tyree catch once and that's the only spec catch I've seen since release day and I play everday. :/
Old 10-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavp3
he will don't worry he improved madden drastically this year and next year he will.
I hope this will be fixed in patch 2 if not at least perfected for madden 11. They have the animations and controls to do this. It's just a matter of tweaking. If the spc catch is to unstoppable than tweak the chance of catching or upgrade the chance of the defender doing a wrap swat or big hit. If my WR can't strafe or spc catch than neither should the defense. This is a huge disadvantage on offense once again its about speed for the WR except for crossing, post, or double move routes.

It seems like a simple fix but it seems that if something is a exploit in there game they seem to take it out instead of tweaking or fixing.

One other problem I have is the DB's back pedal faster than my WR is running forward.

No one should be single coverage on a WR for the deep ball the whole game.This would be huge Ian and co if you can add/fix this.
R.I.P Sean Taylor #21

Washington Redskins
Los Angeles Lakers

XBOX 360 Gamertag: HOLLYWOOD III
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
I agree.

But how many times do you see a WR try to make a SPC catch on sundays? Often

How many times do they come down with the catch? Rare
R.I.P Sean Taylor #21

Washington Redskins
Los Angeles Lakers

XBOX 360 Gamertag: HOLLYWOOD III

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »