Home

How's everyone's offline franchise going?

This is a discussion on How's everyone's offline franchise going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2009, 11:42 PM   #81
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: How's everyone's offline franchise going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch3d
Do you guys scout? I feel like I'm cheating the system when I do.
i scout and still manage to draft 5 (of 10 draft picks) players with 50 or lower rating in my recent draft and i needed to build up my poor defense

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2009, 11:45 PM   #82
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
Nice dude. It's cool that you actually saved it after he got hurt. Injuries make the game so much more fun.
Yeah Man, I mean in real life, you can't hit square and use your rewind, and you can't hit start and quit game, so i go with it. Its tough love, but it gives a chance for younger guys to step. And stepping up, they did tonight.

Going into Green Bay 6-2, they are 5-3. It was a damn good game, with Aaron Rodgers lighting up my secondary, and for the first time since I played the Giants, a running back has gotten over 100 yards on the ground, ryan grant had a great game. But, the highlight of the game was my defensive line...I racked up 11 sacks...yes, 11 sacks, 7 coming from marcus spears, setting a new single game record (previously 6). It was awesome how great he was playing, I made that tackle my bitch. Ultimately, packers had the ball down 22-20 in 4th with 40 some seconds left, and my defense bowed their necks and blasted them for 2 sacks to win the game as time ran out. Its been my closest game on the season and the first time I was held below 45 points. Stephen McGee stepped up and threw for 190 yards and 3 td's, and we had almost 200 yards rushing as a unit on the ground. Overall, defense won the game for me. Next up is the Redskins, we are both 7-2 and tied for first in the division, the winner moves into first place. It is going to be a barn burner! Stayed tuned for results.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:18 AM   #83
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I don't know how far I am in mine, but there's no more real players, and a lot of the rookies that I drafted before are retiring now. It's pretty cool cuz I built my Browns into a dynasty led by my fabolous QB/RB combo, and now everyone's retiring so I'm starting to enter a rebuilding phase.

Yeah, it's actually kinda fun to go through those. I'm sort of in the middle of one now, my whole o-line got old because I basically drafted them in the same years. My secondary also got old, so I drafted some young guys to step in next year.

It kind of really puts things in perspective for you that guys come and go, and you really can't hang on to the vets that you have loved for so long because they're just on the way down, and there is too much talent behind them for them to continue to take up a spot.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:33 AM   #84
Banned

OVR: 2

When I scout, I don't use the draft class guide. It makes it a lot more realistic. Don't rely too much on the potential bar. Trust me. I'm on my 2nd season with the Browns too. Finally got a good QB ( Mark Huckabee ). I'm still looking for a Speed back though. Davis will be the replacement of Lewis when he retires ( they are both Power backs ). I signed Schillens WR to give my team more threat down the field. Drafted some O-Line to strengthen my Running game together with some OLB's and Safties.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:03 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Well, I'm still in year one because I'm slider tweaking and such, but once the week 8 roster update hits, I'll stop and play things out (or I might wait for patch 2, but that might be in December at this rate)

Then I'll start my Ravens franchise over and probably have one or two others going as well as a fantasy franchise (probably of Tampa because it hurts me to watch them suck like they do now )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #86
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm playing with the Texans, we're 6-2 I'm playing on my skill 592 using Hefland's cpu sliders. I love it because you have to be on your game every week or you could get blown out by teams you expect to beat. I survived an epic battle with Bills 38-28 they Trent Edwards actually uses TO in this game unlike real life having him do a lot of crossing routes slants and comebacks instead of fly patterns all game. Anyways I got a bye week I'm going to use it to work on new plays and get ready for my stretch run to the playoffs
Old 10-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #87
Banned

DX UnLeaSheD's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Okay so I'm starting a coaching legacy dynasty. Where I start off as the Bills but will eventually switch teams in the future. (If you want to know how to do this I have a thread about this.)

First game is against the Pats. As usual Welker murders me for about 236 yards. I love T.O. in this game, he's extremely realistic. He dropped 3 easy passes for me, but still got 4 receptions, 92 yards. Lynch had 23 carries, 96 yards. So it's the end of the game down 24-17, and I have the ball at my own 20. I drove down field with spectacular plays. An amazing screen play to Fred Jackson for 26 yards on 3rd and 25. Another pass to Fred Jackson on 4th and 10 which just barely moved the chains. So I get to the 5 yard line with 13 seconds left. The Pats send everyone except their two safeties. I'm thinking I have an easy TD, when Brandon Merriweather dives and makes a spectacular INT, BUT is tackled at the 1 yard line.

I am furious of Edward's bad pass, but I'm thinking a possible safety, and I have a chance with a Hail Mary or lateral play. Unfortunately, Taylor ran for about 5 yards, but then he FUMBLED. The ball fell into the endzone, and in a fight for the fumble, I got it in the endzone to tie it up!!! Then I wanted to go for 2, but after they called a timeout I decided not to.

In OT, Brady found Moss for a 30 yard play that set up a FG to win it. Still, this was one of the greatest games I've ever played. Can't wait to play all the games with this team. I'm thinking i can get to 9-7.

How do you do that?! I've been wondering..
Old 10-27-2009, 05:47 PM   #88
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
I'm very curious to know how people's franchises in Madden are doing. I know there's a dynasty forum, but it seems there's more NCAA in there than Madden and it's much more story driven.

But I'm curious what year you're in, how your draft picks have panned out, has anyone exceeded your expectations or disappointed you tremendously.

Have you hired/fired any coaches, got any great F/A pick ups. Anyone dealing with any nasty injuries? Anyone stuck in Salary Cap Hell?

How has your team performed overall? Are you winning playoff games? Have you won the Super Bowl? Are you still having fun?

Just finished Year 1(Giants), and defeated Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XLIV, 13-10. Had a 13-3 halftime lead, but Pitt scored in the third on Willie Parker's 43-yard run. It was tough defensive battle the rest of the way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »