Home

Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask for?

This is a discussion on Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask for? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #33
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask f

Yeah if it weren't for the fact that I like to play the games myself, I'd definitely play HC09 still. I wanna go back to the game at some point because it was just amazing, but the fact that I can't play it myself, and it's got the same issue as Madden 09 where it's near impossible to run the ball, I'd be all over it.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 11-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask f

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
Look guys Madden 10 is A VIDEO GAME. It is supposed to be challenging!
Like I said, realism would be a great challenge. I mean, it's really hard to keep and maintain a winning team in real life, even without teams having to pay 2 M for some bottom-of-the-roster player.

Challenge isn't AI getting to sign a guy for less than what the player can *even offer* (as one example was given earlier). That's just cheap - and it doesn't really make the game any harder because, you'd just not get the guy and he's not critical (otherwise, there'd be no qualms about paying the cash).

Challenge would be the AI/FA system being realistically harder to get who you want. Bidding wars, a more robust interests system, guys who only want to play under certain coaches/coaching tendencies (say a DT that doesn't like your team because you run a 3-4 and he's always been in a 4-3).

Stuff like that would add realistic challenge, not just saying "ZOMG human player must pay way more than we AIs!11!!!"

Which is ironic because all the human has to do is let the AI fill a roster hole, and get the same benefit.

Challenging system, indeed.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:53 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 15

There's a difference between a challenge and something that's broken.........

Set the CPU resign players, and they can sign players for much less than a human can........

If the player will reject my human offer, and I set it to CPU resign players to get past that stage, the player should not be taking, with the CPU offer, LESS or even THE SAME AS, the offer that I, the human, made to that player.

If I offer 3 years, 28 mill to Antoine Winfield, he rejects, I offer him 3 years 36 mill, he rejects, I set to CPU resign, he should not be resigning at 3 years, 26 mill just because CPU offered it.

If that part was by design, it's similar to some 1980s bullshiggity when the Nintendo games gave the human player 5 energy bars and the CPU player got 9 energy bars when playing fighting games (though there were valid reasons for setting it up like that back then). Problem is, this isn't the 1980s............ we should be past that now.

This is almost as bad as the early decade NBA Lives that loaded a fleet of the great players on one CPU team with minimum contracts.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2009, 11:25 AM   #36
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

I wonder if EA will address this in the patch ... lol.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:08 PM   #37
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

I hope so.

A 59 OVR rated rookie QB shouldn't be asking for 8mil for 4 years in the FA pool.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #38
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
I hope so.

A 59 OVR rated rookie QB shouldn't be asking for 8mil for 4 years in the FA pool.
4 years worth ... lemme guess... around $1 million per year? lol

It shouldn't even be about the ratings either. Any 35 year old OL who is jobless and wants to play in the NFL would settle for a contract even if it was around $750-850K in real life. This is pathetic.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:42 PM   #39
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlanta
4 years worth ... lemme guess... around $1 million per year? lol

It shouldn't even be about the ratings either. Any 35 year old OL who is jobless and wants to play in the NFL would settle for a contract even if it was around $750-850K in real life. This is pathetic.
My RT wants 30 mil a year right now... Needless to say, I'm not pleased. Although it appears that your Salary Cap expands every year cuz I had over 150 mil in cap space the year my RT demanded this money so I actually gave it to him.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 11-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #40
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

Well... here's to hoping they fix it down the road!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »