Home

Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask for?

This is a discussion on Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask for? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2009, 08:06 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask f

I just bought the game and got to my first off-season in my Cowboys franchise only to realize how ridiculously un-realistic the salary structure is...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2009, 12:54 AM   #42
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Do you think the next patch will address the unrealistic amount of $$$ FA's ask f

I must be one of the only guys who like it. IMHO the only thing they need to fix is the cost of undrafted rookies.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:58 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

My only real problem with it is that the CPU gets around it.

If FA's were overly expensive for all the teams, I'd have much less issue with it.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:13 AM   #44
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I'd have much less of a problem with it if it weren't for the fact that my RT wants 30 mil a year and my 4th string CB wants 28 mil. And my starting FB wants over 8 mil a year.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 11-21-2009, 05:55 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
My only real problem with it is that the CPU gets around it.

If FA's were overly expensive for all the teams, I'd have much less issue with it.
I found a solution. Sign the free agent you want (lets say Neal, who claims to want 850k/1yr) to a deal with no bonus money for 7 years (the reason 7 is best is because you'll be able to offer them a ton of money, but year 1 will be low so that you stay under the cap). Go to player management screen, change the player to a Punter (or anything to make their overall plummet). Now release them (no cap hit!) and resign them. They'll ask for the same amount, but this time you'll actually be able to sign them for that.

I also noticed the following: sometimes the CPU does sign them for the more expensive price. In two cases just now they signed a center for 5 million instead of the 850k, and a kicker for 2million instead of 850k. I think the CPU gets the player for the minimum when they have a required roster spot to fill. however, if the signing is elective then they pay the same price you do.

So... I'm not sure what is best. Ideally there shouldn't be this 850k/1yr crap and the cpu should just pick the cheaper guy to fill their roster spot than landing an 85OVR tackle for cheap just because they lucked out with a spot open.

Last edited by theonlywoj; 11-21-2009 at 06:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #46
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

Anyone with the patch know if they fixed this?
Old 12-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

Patch #2 did not fix it, just wait until you win the Superbowl or make it deep into the play-offs. Then try resigning some of your high level free agents,
Old 12-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #48
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Nope

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »