Home

Prediction: Patch Comes Out Before Thanksgivings

This is a discussion on Prediction: Patch Comes Out Before Thanksgivings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #81
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Prediction: Patch Comes Out Before Thanksgivings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pack31x
Hey i am friends with someone who works at microsoft, and he said patch is not coming till at least after CHRISTMAS! i know its terrible but dont expect until around dec 27th or later
If thats the case, I give up. Funk this.

I intend to trade it in along with some other games I never play towards MW2.

I'd say since EB's 40% a game deal with 6 old games as trade in end sDec 8th... If I have not received a patch by the 7th I'll trade Madden10 in.

Its a shame, but I've kinda gotten my fill already. I stopped palying 2 weeks ago expecting ths patch which still hasnt come. I kinda lost interest.

Oh well, heres to next year!

FWIW I did enjoy this years title, I've played 2 franchises for 3 years each and countless games on-line.

I was going to start another franchise after the 2nd patch, but meh, I'm tired of waiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #82
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeBlaize
It's quite possible Pasta was merely assuming based on good judgment but actually had his information incorrect. It's not like he's always right.

Ian and co. didn't say anything specifically until last week about the status, so...
Exactly. No question Pasta had his info wrong. It was a good two or so weeks, if not more, after Pasta said it was in 3rd party hands when Ian spoke up about them finally being finished. Sony/MS has only had it for about a week. Two weeks isn't totally abnormal for testing especially over a holiday weekend. I would be shocked if they sat on this to release with DLC. That's makes zero sense from a product standpoint.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:57 PM   #83
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
If thats the case, I give up. Funk this.

I intend to trade it in along with some other games I never play towards MW2.

I'd say since EB's 40% a game deal with 6 old games as trade in end sDec 8th... If I have not received a patch by the 7th I'll trade Madden10 in.

Its a shame, but I've kinda gotten my fill already. I stopped palying 2 weeks ago expecting ths patch which still hasnt come. I kinda lost interest.

Oh well, heres to next year!

FWIW I did enjoy this years title, I've played 2 franchises for 3 years each and countless games on-line.

I was going to start another franchise after the 2nd patch, but meh, I'm tired of waiting.
I would put zero stock in to that kind of hearsay. He has nothing to back up his claims. I've never in all of gaming seen a patch in 3rd party hands for over a month. Just doesn't happen. They submit these things for the intention of it being release once its been tested. Had they planned to hold off on it they would never have sent it to 3rd party testing.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #84
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

My guess is that the blog will be posted 1st about whats in the patch then the patch will come out...So just keep waiting until you see the blog...By the way I am enjoying this game, so I am in no rush
Old 11-25-2009, 02:37 PM   #85
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

I give up. I'm just going to start my franchise anyways. I bet you anything, everyone's just gonna bitch and moan when the patch comes out about some new problems, and we all know there isn't gonna be another patch after that so I'll just start my Franchise now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2009, 04:13 PM   #86
Banned

OVR: 6

In my company, changes to live systems are frozen through the holiday unless there were critical (i.e. break-fix) reasons.

If everyone's off on VC, then who would fix the problem? So I doubt Microsoft would support making a push over the holiday. And I doubt that EA would declare this patch as 'Business Critical'.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 12

It'd have to come out pretty soon; Thanksgiving is tommorrow.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:55 PM   #88
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

I don't think we will see the patch untill sometime next week at the earliest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »