Home

Just got some news From Ryan Ferweda Via Twitter

This is a discussion on Just got some news From Ryan Ferweda Via Twitter within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-26-2009, 08:25 PM   #9
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Just got some news From Ryan Ferweda Via Twitter

Also guys check this out. I email MS last night just to get an insight on what goes into the process of making a patch or a update and was inquring about the one That EA sent to them. Here is what they said.

Hello Jammer,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft online support for XBOX. I am Billy and I appreciate the opportunity to be of help.

I understand that you are inquiring about the game update for the Xbox 360 console.

I appreciate you taking the time to write us with your concerns and I am glad to have you as a valued customer.

Jammer, allow me to itemize to you the proper steps to resolve the issue.

One of the things that makes Xbox 360T so powerful is its capacity for receiving improvements-automatic enhancements to its features and performance-even after you've brought it home.

Over time you'll encounter the following types of Xbox 360 updates:

System Updates
Title Updates
Disc Updates

To benefit from updates, your Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system must be connected to Xbox LIVEŽ with high-speed Internet service.

For information about Xbox LIVE memberships, kindly see www.xbox.com/live.

For information about connecting to Xbox LIVE, kindly see Connect to Xbox LIVE.

System Updates
The first time you connect your Xbox 360 system to Xbox LIVE, the service updates your console's flash memory with all improvements made between the day the console was manufactured and the day you brought it home.

Your console will receive additional updates at varying intervals as Xbox programmers continue to innovate and refine both the Xbox 360 system and the Xbox LIVE service.

Title Updates
Title updates consist of improvements to specific Xbox 360 games. When a title update is available for a game you're playing, Xbox LIVE stores the update right on your Xbox 360 Hard Drive or Xbox 360 Memory Unit (at least one of which is required for Xbox LIVE play).

The game then loads the update the next time you play. This allows game developers to continually improve their products, and all you have to do is dive in and lose yourself in the ever-improving action.

Disc Updates
Certain games may be designed with a degree of sophistication that requires an update to your Xbox 360 system's flash memory. The discs for these games will include all necessary updates right alongside the game data.

The first time you load such a game, the game disc will automatically update your Xbox 360 console for optimum performance with that game.

Thank you for your time and understanding. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Did they just copy in paste this from a manual.??
Old 11-26-2009, 09:09 PM   #10
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

Soory for the Double post again. But after reading the e-mail i got. They gave me a refrence number and so i rang up up the support center. So i gave the reference number he put me on hold for about 10 mins.

Turns out according to him that EA Has not even sent a patch to get processed.. Don't get alarmed people he might of just said that but he was away for quite a while. So he put me through to the people that handle updates and patches i think his name was Billy.

He then told me that patches when are recieved only take up to a week max to certified them and that taking any longer is extermly rare. But he also metioned something about Madden being a third party game but i wasn't really listening after that.

I do not know what you guys want to take out of this but im just going by what i was told if this all true it means EA just said it was in third party hands because maybe a unexpected thing has happened. But after reading a comment someone made in one of the threads about the patch saying there delaying it so they can't make another one or Won't i say this is a great possibility.

Sorry guys i just thought the OS people would want to know this.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:17 PM   #11

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

You're making wayyyyyy too much out of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #12
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

Yeah i thought so as well. But still for MS to say this?? It is kinda of weird. I wish just EA would just tell of the bat what is happening and that.

Would even support stuff have in there records of this??
Old 11-26-2009, 09:32 PM   #13

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuxx24
Yeah i thought so as well. But still for MS to say this?? It is kinda of weird. I wish just EA would just tell of the bat what is happening and that.

Would even support stuff have in there records of this??
I'm sure they would if they tried hard enough.

But you talked to someone Thanksgiving night. It is highly probable he would say anything to just get you off the phone as quickly as possible.

Remember, MS is a large company that has a multitude of different products that they need to support.

I will take the word of developers who work on Madden and only Madden over a cust serv rep who has to deal with every single product they have.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:33 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 4
Lightbulb Re: Just got some news From Ryan Ferweda Via Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuxx24
I wish just EA would just tell of the bat what is happening and that.
EA never said they submitted the patch to Microsoft. Pastapadre said it was submitted without giving any evidence to support his claims. Just because Pastapadre says something doesn't make it true.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:36 PM   #15

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh348
EA never said they submitted the patch to Microsoft. Pastapadre said it was submitted without giving any evidence to support his claims. Just because Pastapadre says something doesn't make it true.
THis is the second time you have said something that is completely false tonight.

You can't just keep making things up.

Ian confirmed it, several times now. For confirmation read through his twitter page which I just did for the first time ever to make sure he wrote it on there as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2009, 09:45 PM   #16
Pro

Skuxx24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I'm sure they would if they tried hard enough.

But you talked to someone Thanksgiving night. It is highly probable he would say anything to just get you off the phone as quickly as possible.

Remember, MS is a large company that has a multitude of different products that they need to support.

I will take the word of developers who work on Madden and only Madden over a cust serv rep who has to deal with every single product they have.

Yeah i guess so. Man thought i would play detective tonight and get some info for all Madden fans here. Well at least i got some info on the patch from Ryan..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »