Home

My New Vision Cone Idea. What do you guys think?

This is a discussion on My New Vision Cone Idea. What do you guys think? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2009, 01:36 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: My New Vision Cone Idea. What do you guys think?

I don't think the auto-cone idea would make it too hard to look across the field back and forth.

Wouldn't the "double press" method (once to move the cone, once to throw) work? Wide cones could "see" across the field faster.

The only problem would be with guys on the same side or running flood routes or the like (two or three receivers in the same general area at different levels).

Though, however it checked if the receiver was in the cone before could be used again. So if the target receiver is already in the cone, just throw it - don't move the cone.

I think it would be a promising option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 02:35 AM   #26
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

These are great ideas!
Old 12-01-2009, 08:56 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was just watching my son play "Little Big Planet", and seeing the controls on that made me wonder how difficult it would be to have the motion sensors control the QB's head/vision. This would give us the ability to "look around' so to speak just by the controller movements.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:21 AM   #28
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

interesting idea but i think it would still complicate things and a lot of people wouldn't like it. i think there just needs to be more variety in passes and accuracy. qb's are still too accurate in the game and a lot of this has to do with the magical speed burst the receiver gets. also, when they are inaccurate, they are way too inaccurate and rarely throw balls just out of reach. i think this can be fixed automatically instead of using the vision cone. also, there has to be a way to throw the ball away near a receiver - at their feet, or out of bounds over their heads etc. instead of having to run out of the pocket and throw the ball away.

implementing this AND the option to turn it on and off would be fine though.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
interesting idea but i think it would still complicate things and a lot of people wouldn't like it. i think there just needs to be more variety in passes and accuracy. qb's are still too accurate in the game and a lot of this has to do with the magical speed burst the receiver gets. also, when they are inaccurate, they are way too inaccurate and rarely throw balls just out of reach. i think this can be fixed automatically instead of using the vision cone. also, there has to be a way to throw the ball away near a receiver - at their feet, or out of bounds over their heads etc. instead of having to run out of the pocket and throw the ball away.

Yeah, I do think the "plain" incomplete passes need to be more frequent. It seems the ball has to go to someone (be it your guy or a defender) and not just plain old incomplete unless it's really off target.

Then maybe we wouldn't have to have so many dropped INTs because the ball wouldn't just go to a defender if it's off target.

But it still wouldn't help make AWR more important for the QB.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:24 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 15

The more I think about vision cone, the less I like it. We need less gimmicks in Madden and more solid gameplay mechanics and fundamentals.

I like to think of myself, (my eyes) as natural vision cones. Sometimes, I don't make very good reads or I don't see a DB when I throw the ball and it's picked. Thats just me though.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I like to think of myself, (my eyes) as natural vision cones. Sometimes, I don't make very good reads or I don't see a DB when I throw the ball and it's picked. Thats just me though.
True. I know I've made some terrible reads before. I watch the replay when I throw a pick and I'm like "what the **** was I thinking?"

But I think the idea is to get the AWR of the player in the game being a factor. Well that and a way to manipulate the defense with the QB's eyes (as happens often in real life). Our eyes looking at the TV can't look off the defenders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 55

2 things that could emulate vision cone properties:

have your QB in the game "look at" your top target first. maybe give the QB an accuracy bonus for that route, and less accuracy for other routes based on AWR. Defenses will key on that. Note: no actual cone exists in this scenario, only the top route and WR seeing it first.

Another property taken from APF 2k8: Double tap WR icon for the pump fake. This is huge because you can direct your pumps and manipulate zone defenders properly. Having a pump button doesn't do enough because you can never set up a defender with intention - because you can't intend!

These 2 properties would take some of the "looking at WR" properties of the cone and put them into the game.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »