Home

Madden 11 - Expectations

This is a discussion on Madden 11 - Expectations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 11 - Expectations

dude, i have to agree. presentation & massive stats in franchise mode is what keeps it interesting. you said u skipped madden 05, and i can tell you that me and my cousin did at least 2 20 year franchises (vick would never retire lol, my cousin hated that).

they had a radio...yea, it had the same old interviews through the years, but tony bruno gave out stats and injuries. i was ok with listening to him and a few songs while i browsed through ticket prices, player morale, and scouted my other teams players.

they also had a newspaper...yea, after 3 or 4 years it was nothing but milestones and injuries, but for some weird reason i felt the impact of my star CB being injured. i signed "The Next Big WR" and he knew HE was the REAL DEAL...after the draft i checked the local newspaper and he was being interviewed where he addressed himself as Dwayne "Big Play" Kennedy (imagine Larry Fitzgerald and Steve Smith in one...).

There was also predictions from the analysts in the paper. Players on holdout. Restricted Free Agents. Position Battles.

I mean, thats not all of madden 05, but if it can get back to those days...maybe, just maybe, madden will have that immersion back that will give franchise mode new life.

oh yea, and the ai needs to be worked on, i can still beat the cpu pretty easily even on custom maxed out
Old 01-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by C the Lyte
ROFL!!! Eminem's record exec? Pretty sure he meant Chris Berman.
I put Steve on purpose just so I wasn't all "OOOH ESPN!" haha, but yea Steve Berman Eminem's guy.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 36

Great post. I have really high expectations for Madden 11. I would just like them to improve weak spots in gameplay (blocking, WR catching), and get an in-depth franchise mode (think Head Coach), with great presentation.

Just imagine this presentation in gameplay and in franchise mode.

Your playing week 1. Midway through the first, your winning your game and all of a sudden you get a game-break showing how Adrian Peterson just had a 60 yard run with an amazing stiff-arm. Then later you get really ground breaking news. Tom Brady just went down and his return is doubtful. You continue to get some small gamebreaks, then at halftime you see a couple highlights for each game, scores, and stats. On the bottom line, you get to see scores and top performers. Then there will be a post game show, and the same highlights will be transferred to the Extra Point.

I would really like the Tony Bruno show, newspapers, holdouts, training camp, team scouting, and practice (where they'd tell you what plays should be successful) and all the interesting stuff from Head Coach. That way I feel really in-depth in my franchise. I know what's going on in the league without searching for stats, and creating my own storylines.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:27 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Your playing week 1. Midway through the first, your winning your game and all of a sudden you get a game-break showing how Adrian Peterson just had a 60 yard run with an amazing stiff-arm. Then later you get really ground breaking news. Tom Brady just went down and his return is doubtful. You continue to get some small gamebreaks, then at halftime you see a couple highlights for each game, scores, and stats. On the bottom line, you get to see scores and top performers. Then there will be a post game show, and the same highlights will be transferred to the Extra Point.
Exactly my point! Dynamic updates to keep it feeling like Sunday. I mean, wasn't Madden 10 supposed to be "Everything You See On Sunday."
Old 01-14-2010, 09:40 PM   #21
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

I'd really like to see Dynamic Season implemented into Madden; to have the roster/player updates and real life results merged with games I'm playing would be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2010, 12:30 AM   #22
Banned

foolish813's Arena

OVR: 7

That radio show Madden had a while back was pretty good. It could re-appear and be a little upgraded.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:34 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

If there is anything to do with Arcade, i'm not buying at all. I'm actually anticipating Backbreaker. I don't care if it's made up players, just as long as it plays as it should and has that franchise mode they were talking about. I think i'll pass on Madden this year unless they fix everything from ground up on the Franchise that were messed up such as stats, gameplay, defensive assignment, etc.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:37 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 11

I always make the playoffs Year 1 with the Rams. Something's not right about that lol.
Minnesota Wild

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »