Home

Madden 11 - Expectations

This is a discussion on Madden 11 - Expectations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2010, 01:35 AM   #25
Rookie

Blkcanes's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 11 - Expectations

To be honest, What I expect from Madden is to have all the things that were positive for the game last year to be in Madden 11, I notice things seem to vanish after they have been enjoyed by people.

But this being the second year for Madden in the hand of Ian and company I hope I can hear better things about the 3-4 scheme and the trenches, Run blocking, who and when to block them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2010, 01:43 AM   #26
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSmartForYou
I do agree about game play, but nothings worse than ****ty game play and ****ty presentation ha.
Agreed!

The game needs both. Forget about what is 1 or 2. You really need both elements of the game rock solid. Rock solid gameplay and presentation.

Game play should be priority number 1 , but it really needs solid presentation or it will get boring fast.

OP great post, and to the brother that started the talk on Gameplay. Great post also.

Lets hope we get both.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:31 AM   #27
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

Need some sort of Game Plan feature, without it there is little strategy and execution in the game. Where in real football it is all strategy and execution, and referee calls.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:02 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

I expect Madden '11 to be just like Madden '10 with slightly better graphics, new in game ads, and a few features from previous generation madden games to be added and touted as being "new and innovative".
Old 01-17-2010, 04:37 AM   #29
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

I was thinking of a great little in-game feature...not a game changer, but still a nice feature that adds a risk/reward factor and some realism.

The feature would be the ability to point out blitzers before the snap. We see this ALL THE TIME on Sundays...guys like Peyton Manning running up to the line and making sure their o-line knows that such and such linebacker is coming with the heat. The QB makes the call and the OL adjusts its blocking, or maybe the HB picks him up.

Functionally, it would be very easy to implement. just press a button to activate the feature and then "highlight" the defensive player you think is coming (based off of who is "showing", what your opponent has done previously, and just some solid intuition). your qb goes to the line, animation has him point to the defender, and maybe you hear him say "55 is blitzing!".

If you make the call correctly, your line adjusts, and you increase the chance of picking up the blitzer. But if you guess wrong, and someone else is blitzing, your line may be caught out of position.

Anyway, just thought of it today when watching the Colts. Let me know what you think.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:35 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 5

If the franchise mode isn't better I'm taking it back the same day I buy it. I want to know what my attendance is, how much money I'm making through sponsorships, tickets, parking etc....everything that matters basically. Also, the ability to talk people out of retirement without having to buy it.

I can deal with flaws in the gameplay (do they really care enough to address them all?) but basic game features missing I can't overlook while we have mini games and Superstar mode taking up space
Old 01-17-2010, 09:03 AM   #31
Pro

Just bring back everything they did in the 08 pc game (running animations, better control over your player, and player roles/moral) and I'll be a happy man. For the life of me I don't understand why they've gone backwards in some respects.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 10

And the thing is, they used to do this in madden 05!!
Remember the radio talk show? I remember hearing how they would talk about if my team would really go undefeated. And I remember a CPU team went 0-16 and they were talking about that too.
They need to bring that feature back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »